We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viewing Flower Parade floats on Sunday

Which Haarlem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fairbanks, Alaska
reviews: 107
Viewing Flower Parade floats on Sunday

We will be arriving in Amsterdam on Saturday, April 20, too late to see the Flower Parade. However, I'm thinking of going to Haarlem on Sunday to see the floats. The info that I found indicates that the parade ends at Haarlem Centre (Spaarne / Damstraat / Grote Market). Is that where the floats will be on display?

Is it easy to get public transportation or a taxi from the train station? (I will be with my 80 year old mother, so prefer to ride rather than walk when possible).

Our time in Amsterdam is limited. Is it worth the trip to Haarlem to see the floats? We will be going to Keukenhof during the week.

Haarlem, The...
reviews: 164
1. Re: Viewing Flower Parade floats on Sunday

The floats will be parked in the city centre. About 5 of them on the main market square and from there there is signage to the rest of them. The square is not far from the train station (max. 1km).

If you like this sort of thing, it's worth your time, I was very impressed last year. And you are right next to the floats which is nice. It all depends on how much you like flowers. If you only have 1 day in Amsterdam, I'd stay in Amsterdam as you are already going to the Keukenhof.

Groningen, The...
reviews: 299
2. Re: Viewing Flower Parade floats on Sunday

Apart from the Floats (which I think are great fun), Haarlem itself is a beautiful town so worth a visit anyway. I'd pick out the Frans Hals Museum and St Bavo's Kerk as the two highlights. Moreover, there is always a nice busy atmosphere in the town during the flower parade weekend.

Fairbanks, Alaska
reviews: 107
3. Re: Viewing Flower Parade floats on Sunday

Thanks to both of you for the replies. Haarlem sounds lovely. I think that we will wait and see how the weather is that day.

4. Re: Viewing Flower Parade floats on Sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, March 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Haarlem