We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plz help w Tulips & Train & Castle Info .. March 11 - 16th

Which Haarlem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco, Ca
reviews: 15
Plz help w Tulips & Train & Castle Info .. March 11 - 16th

I will be in Amsterdam from March 11 to the 16th. Will early blooming tulips be in bloom? I would be delighted to purchase some to send home for friends and family. Keukenhof is closed on these dates.

Also would like to see Haarlem. Does the train leave you close to the old city center? You have so much beautiful history .. I was intrigued by the castle like picture.. and church organ played by Mozart ...

The Muderslot Castle is closed this week .. would love to see a medieval castle....

Thank you in advance !

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 67
1. Re: Plz help w Tulips & Train & Castle Info .. March 11 - 16th

Unless we have a major heatwave in the next two weeks I doubt there will be any Tulips in bloom except those grown under glass.

I doubt you can send tulips all the way to San Francisco and they arrive in good condition. It will also be very expensive to air freight them.

Yes the train will drop you in the centre of Haarlem. You can still go see the castle. Actually it should be open on the Saturday. Anyway Muiden is a nice little place to vist.

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Lisse
reviews: 8
2. Re: Plz help w Tulips & Train & Castle Info .. March 11 - 16th

Unfortunately it is too early for the tulips in the fields. But you will find lots of tulips (from greenhouses) at the flower market in Amsterdam.

Tulips bulbs and fresh are sold at the airport. But I doubt they stay fresh for a flight more than 3 hours (they need some water). For the bulbs make sure they have a quarantine certificate for USA otherwise they will be confiscated at the airport in the USA.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
3. Re: Plz help w Tulips & Train & Castle Info .. March 11 - 16th

i bought tulips at walmart the other day for valentines day..

San Francisco, Ca
4. Re: Plz help w Tulips & Train & Castle Info .. March 11 - 16th

Thank you for the info.... Yes.... I was referring to purchasing dormant bulbs to send to the states so I can plant them in my garden.

My garden is already blooming here..

San Francisco, Ca
5. Re: Plz help w Tulips & Train & Castle Info .. March 11 - 16th

Excuse the typo.. I should have been more clear in my request.. We are leaving on the 16th at noon.

I checked the web site for the castle in Muiden and it just happens to be closed on weekdays for this specific week.

Do you know of any other medeival castles or fortresss towns close to Amsterdam that I can see during the week ?

thanks you!

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
reviews: 3
6. Re: Plz help w Tulips & Train & Castle Info .. March 11 - 16th

Naarden-Vesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naarden

7. Re: Plz help w Tulips & Train & Castle Info .. March 11 - 16th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 21, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Haarlem