We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the best bike option for 6 months stay

Which Haarlem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
What's the best bike option for 6 months stay

Hi

I will be in Haarlem for 6 months. And would like to either rent or buy a bike for the 6 months I am there. Please recommend best option with rough prices and cheapest / best place to get it from.

Does any one know where I can either rent a bike from for the 6 months and if so roughly how much it would cost me?

or if its best for me to buy a bike esp as will be there for 6 months. If so how much are bikes to buy, either for a new or second hand bike, not bothered just want something that'll last me the 6 months

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
reviews: 4
1. Re: What's the best bike option for 6 months stay

There are lots of bike shops. Shop around, you should be able to buy a descent used bike for 80-100 euro. Probably less in Haarlem.

Haarlem, The...
reviews: 187
2. Re: What's the best bike option for 6 months stay

You can buy second hand bikes at haarlem train station. Sometimes stores like HEMA have new bikes on sale for around 200 - 300 euro.

3. Re: What's the best bike option for 6 months stay

Thanks prob will go for a second Hand one based on those prices

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
4. Re: What's the best bike option for 6 months stay

Also have a look on the Dutch e-bay www.maarktplats.nl

Decathlon and Halfords also sell cheap bikes.

Soesterberg, The...
reviews: 9
5. Re: What's the best bike option for 6 months stay

Correction: www.marktplaats.nl . You should find a nice bike there.... for a couple of euros

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam
reviews: 2
6. Re: What's the best bike option for 6 months stay

Buy a used one for 100 euros

Sell it for 60-75 or so

7. Re: What's the best bike option for 6 months stay

Now that is an awesome idea, that way it would only cost me €30-€50 euros for the whole 6 months use.

I like your thinking :-)

8. Re: What's the best bike option for 6 months stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 05, 2014