We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What area is highly recommended?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cebu, Philippines
What area is highly recommended?

I understand that Amsterdam's tourist section is divided into three parts, DAM, Museum Quarter North and Museum Quarter South.

I have narrowed my choices (based on a 70 Euro budget for a private double room with private shower and toilet) to the following and I would highly appreciate some comments and suggestions about these hotels/hostels.

DAM AREA:

Amstel Botel

Hotel Avenue

Damrak

Bridge Hotel

Hotel Rembrandt Residence

Hotel Ajax

Di Ann

Hotel Des Arts

MUSEUM QUARTERS NORTH

Granada

Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark

Princess

Krystal

Bellington

Groenhof

Kap

Any suggestions will be welcome!

Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 1
1. Re: What area is highly recommended?

I moved out of the Damrak Hotel after one night last year. It was not a clean hotel and the staff was not friendly. Avoid! The Avenue is a better choice. Friendly and clean. I have not stayed at the other hotels but I have heard good things about Di Ann.

California
reviews: 1
2. Re: What area is highly recommended?

I've only stayed at one hotel in my visits but it's on your list.

It's the Kap Hotel which I would describe as being in the canal ring very near to the Heineken Experience (Brouwerij).

It's on a extremely quiet street and very friendly, clean, and secure. There's only 13 rooms and it has a very good included breakfast buffet. It's a smoking friendly hotel.

There's steep stairs and no elevator but that's common in Amsterdam 2 star hotels.

There's reviews here and even more at channels.nl ...use the AtoZ button to access them.