We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice needed on Amsterdam

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cebu, Philippines
Advice needed on Amsterdam

Hello! I need advise about Amsterdam. I am curious to know more about the different sections of Amsterdam. What is the best section of the city which is easily accessible and at the same time, I can still find budget hotels to stay in.

I only have one day to visit this city.

1. What can you recommend to see in Amsterdam in just one day?

2. I am going with my sister, what hotel do you recommend for a price for only 70 Euro for a Double room with private toilet and shower?

3. Is it always best that we select a hotel near the train station for convenience? But is it safe?

Is the area near Central Station a safe place?

Is it more convenient to stay near the Train Station of there are many budget hotels all over the city which is easily accessible by Train/Tram?

5. Would anyone know how much train travel from Amsterdam to Antwerp cost?

Thank you for your time.

AL

Holland
1. Re: Advice needed on Amsterdam

Hi, you might be able to find prices for train tickets on the following website: www.ns.nl It's in Dutch but I think they have an English version too. As far as I know it's ok around the train station. I've only stayed once in Amsterdam though (I always go home after a visit). That time I stayed in the Stay Okay hostel Vondelpark. It's huge, but safe and clean. And it's easy to get to the train station anyway (tram or walking). www.stayokay.nl

Enjoy your trip!!