We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thotel oren or nh museum quarter?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
thotel oren or nh museum quarter?

help, trying to decide between the Hotel toren or nh museum quarter? NH is a bit cheaper, but is it located as well? I don't have much choice, as all the other choices are already booked> I am going with my mom. any advice is helpful!

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 14
1. Re: thotel oren or nh museum quarter?

Toren is much more central , but also appears much more expensive! Its near Ann Frank House.

Nh Museum Quarter is a little further out but not that far , and public transport is good and frequent. As the name suggests its near the main museums and Vondelpark..

Both hotels rate well on this site.

The Hague, The...
reviews: 100
2. Re: thotel oren or nh museum quarter?

I have stayed in Hotel Toren and liked it very much,as it is a hotel with romantic character, although I must say I had the best room (for a special occasion) so I don't really know what's it's like to stay in the cheaper ones.

The hotel has two parts, the main building and an annex which is about 70 meters down the street next to the Canal House hotel which means that if you stay in that part you have to dress up to go and have breakfast (I did not have breakfast there so I can't comment on that, it is not included in the price).

Location is wonderful, very close to the Anne Frank House. Also close to the Wester-church with it's bells that you hear.

Service can be a bit disappointing, like I had a bottle of (cheap Spanish) champagne included in my room price but they forgot about it and I got it when checking out.

This annex building gets bad reviews here. Again, I wouldn't know as I had a big room there for the highest price.

Hotel NH (a Spanish chain) Museum Quarter is number 9 here. It is modern and has bigger rooms and the location is also good (near the two most important museums) but location is not very important in Amsterdam, which is such a compact walkable city

that it is no punishment wherever you stay in the centre.

I'd say if space is important to you you're probably better off in the NH Museum Quarter. If some charme is what you prefer then Hotel Toren is the choice.

Plymouth...
reviews: 146
3. Re: thotel oren or nh museum quarter?

We stayed at Hotel Toren last week and loved it. Service was exemplary, room was elegant, large and quiet. We had the grand suite in the annex and would definitely book it again.

Breakfast in the bar was very nice, reasonably priced and no trouble at all.

Location is very central. We walked everywhere and din't even need the trams.

NYC
4. Re: thotel oren or nh museum quarter?

thanks so much. I feel better about it. One of the review's here was so bad it made me nervous.

5. Re: thotel oren or nh museum quarter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, August 23, 2009