We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which one : damrak or nh city north?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vilnius
which one : damrak or nh city north?

Hello there everybody! im coming from vilnius, lithuania for 10 days to ansterdam to meet my woman, she is from NY...dont ask the story, please...so, could anybody give us an advice, cos i like damrak (i think i do?!, looks good on website), and she likes nh city north one...(nice view through da window)...which one could be better, we both are 25, so will go out clubbin' all the time anyway, so need a hotel in close to town...or maybe them both are not great?....

thanks, brother_robin

California
reviews: 1
1. Re: which one : damrak or nh city north?

I think NH City North is probably a great hotel but in a lousy location. If you mean Hotel Damrak at 49 Damrak it's a lousy hotel at a probably good location.

NH City North is in Noord (North) Amsterdam. There's really not much to see in Noord, it's a working class suburb- some say it's boring. You'll have to take public transportation to go just about anywhere tourist wise and after 12:30 AM only the limited night buses are available.

At channels.nl there's a large amount of very negative reviews on Damrak. Use the A to Z button to read them. It's a very central location but on the most touristy street with lots of noise.

I can't reccommend a hotel as you and your woman's choices are so different. But I think you'd like the hotels at www.eurocheapo.com

Any location in the Centrum, Jordaan, or Grachtengordel (canal ring) is great for clubbin' and nightlife as well as being walkable to almost all the major tourist attractions.

I think the Hotel Brouwer is particularly romantic and cozy but it's very small and books up months in advance. It's a no smoking hotel.

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 14
2. Re: which one : damrak or nh city north?

Hotel Damrak is one that needs to be avoided.. read reviews on here and Virtualtourist and all review sites.

Its up to you but as has been said there is no advantage at all in being stuck in Noord Amsterdam. Its way out and you can only reach it on foot by taking the ferry from behind Central Station.

Neither would be my choice ... more reseach needed , I think !