We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to get from airport to Best Western Apollo Museum

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
best way to get from airport to Best Western Apollo Museum

first time visitor to amsterdam

can anyone advise best way to get to the hotel, would rather not use taxis

i would like cheap and cheerful..

i am also there for four days, is it cheaper to get a tram pass or a daily pass to use.

2 adults

thank you

8 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 60
1. Re: best way to get from airport to Best Western Apollo Museum

www.9292.nl/en will show you multiple results on the left. Direct bus 197 (from airport to Museumplein / Leidseplein) is probably easiest. That 9292 website will show you which stop, you can also click to see a map of where that stop is.

You're quite central so you can explore a lot of the city on foot. It's relatively small. It's only 30 minutes walk all the way to the other end of the center; along the way are loads of highlights. I would not bother with day passes, unless you have an injury or something. Just buy the occasional tram ticket on board if you're tired.

Cecilia // Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Edited: 9:38 am, August 24, 2014
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
2. Re: best way to get from airport to Best Western Apollo Museum

Take the 197 bus to the Hobbemastraat stop behind the Rijksmuseum and the hotel is about 100m walk.

Amsterdam, The...
3. Re: best way to get from airport to Best Western Apollo Museum

P.S. On the top right of this page (if you're on a computer, not a phone) you will see 'Top Questions' with more info about public transport, things to do etc etc.

www.iamsterdam.com , the city's tourist info site is also a great source of info. For example see their info under

'What to do';

Plan your trip > ' Itineraries';

'Summer in the city' (though the weather isn't very summery, you will find many useful links on that page).

4 days also gives you a chance to visit Zaanse Schans (windmills and more) outside the city for example.

Edited: 9:46 am, August 24, 2014
4. Re: best way to get from airport to Best Western Apollo Museum

thank you for fast responses...

great

5. Re: best way to get from airport to Best Western Apollo Museum

Best Western Blue Tower

Address: leeuwendalersweg 21, 1055 JE amsterdam Amsterdam

NL

i made a mistake its the above hotel..

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
6. Re: best way to get from airport to Best Western Apollo Museum

Hmm.. bit of a difference in location!!

you can use the 9292 site already linked above to check your options.

You can also take the GVB 69 bus then change to tram14 all on a GVB pass but that will take you nearly 25 minutes more than the train/bus.

Amsterdam, The...
7. Re: best way to get from airport to Best Western Apollo Museum

Aarggh, very different location and not central at all! :-( Change hotels if you still can.

If not, strike out all my comments about being able to do things on foot. And indeed, day passes or a multi day pass will come in handy if you stay all the way out there.... tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188590-s303/Amsterda… And get the 9292 smartphone app to plan public transport while you're here.

Or rent bikes. It's about 15-20 minutes by bike to the edge of the center.

Edited: 10:31 am, August 24, 2014
Amsterdam, The...
8. Re: best way to get from airport to Best Western Apollo Museum

Some people in a Foreign Government Delegation I met once had stayed there and it was a decent hotel - but not the best for tourism.

This location is best accessed by car/taxi, because public transport means a number of changes. You could take a train from Schiphol to Sloterdijk station (once in 10-14 minutes).

Then from there, come down and take tram number 12 which will pass about 300 meters from the hotel which is kind of behind shops etc. You could walk that stretch.

To get to the Center, you have Tram-7 or 14 from the road in front of the shops. Tram 14 covers a good distance and takes you to Westermarkt, Dam and continues on to the Zoo etc.

Tram-7 will take you to Leidseplein and beyond.

Tram-12. You would make it to the Museums on that.

Edited: 10:39 am, August 25, 2014
Reply to: best way to get from airport to Best Western Apollo Museum
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted