We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2Days Amsterdam/1Day Dublin or 2Days Dublin/1Day Amsterdam

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
reviews: 270
2Days Amsterdam/1Day Dublin or 2Days Dublin/1Day Amsterdam

This seems to be my dilemma.

Have a total of 5 days. 1 Day will be for Belfast period for the Titanic Exhibit and Titanic Dock and Pump. Another day for the Giant Causeway and whatever else I can do. So that leaves either 2 days for Dublin and 1 Day for Amsterdam since I only have 5 days total of Vacation time left this year or 2 Days for Amsterdam and 1 Day Dublin.

Amsterdam I have about 3-4 things I want to do or see for sure, but would like the time to explore as well. Dublin I have about 3-4 things I want to see as well.

Which city should I use the extra day for?

17 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
11. Re: 2Days Amsterdam/1Day Dublin or 2Days Dublin/1Day Amsterdam

"If you stay in Dublin for the one day take in the trip to Kilmainham first, Guinness Storehouse for lunch, shopping in Grafton Street in the afternoon, Temple Bar in the evening and O'Connell St a night"

Thanks!! I think I need the 2 days for Amsterdam based on the things I want to see.

New York City, New...
reviews: 7
12. Re: 2Days Amsterdam/1Day Dublin or 2Days Dublin/1Day Amsterdam

imo i would just stay in Ireland ,, and enjoy it without rushing,, do AMsterdma next time

peae matty

www.flickr.com/photos/amsmatty

reviews: 8
13. Re: 2Days Amsterdam/1Day Dublin or 2Days Dublin/1Day Amsterdam

If you are spending 1 day in Dublin and 2 days in Amsterdam then perhaps you might like to consider the Bushmills Distillery Tour on the day that you visit the Giants Causeway in Northern Ireland. Then you have more time for the Guinness Tour in Dublin. Apparently Guinness tastes better in Ireland :-)

The North Coast also has landmarks such as Dunluce Castle that were used to film scenes in Game of Thrones and I believe that there are "Game of Throne" tours from Belfast.

For Belfast it might be worth considering the Crumlin Road Gaol tour. Or perhaps the Ulster Museum and St Georges Market which are both free and interesting in their own individual ways. Have a super holiday whatever you choose to do. And make sure you enjoy a good Ulster/Irish fry for Breakfast to give you the energy for your exciting jam packed holiday itinerary.

Edited: 7:47 pm, August 22, 2014
Houston, Texas
14. Re: 2Days Amsterdam/1Day Dublin or 2Days Dublin/1Day Amsterdam

I think I will do 2 days Amsterdam, 2 Days Belfast, 1 Day Dublin. With Belfast I can do the tour that goes to the Giant Causeway, Dunlace Castle and Bushmills the same day, and the other day do the Titanic stuff. And in the evenings just check out some bars/pubs. That would leave the 1 Day for Dublin to see Kilmainham Gaol, Guiness Storehouse, Temple Bar, Grafton Street

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 43
15. Re: 2Days Amsterdam/1Day Dublin or 2Days Dublin/1Day Amsterdam

Before you make a final decision, sketch out your travel plans and deduct time travelling from your itinerary. That will give you a better idea of how far you can really stretch 5 days. My guess is that, if you visit all three places, you will spend nearly 40% of your vacation just getting from point A to point B to point C. Is that really worth it?

Edited: 12:11 am, August 23, 2014
Houston, Texas
16. Re: 2Days Amsterdam/1Day Dublin or 2Days Dublin/1Day Amsterdam

Just booked my trip. Spending 2 days at the Ibis Styles Hotel Amsterdam. Arrive at 8:30 am in the morning on the 13th and staying till the 15th. So gives me two full days.

Doncaster, United...
reviews: 5
17. Re: 2Days Amsterdam/1Day Dublin or 2Days Dublin/1Day Amsterdam

3 days in Amsterdam.........

Reply to: 2Days Amsterdam/1Day Dublin or 2Days Dublin/1Day Amsterdam
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted