We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Electric cigarettes

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, United...
reviews: 2
Electric cigarettes

Hi,

Would anybody be able to tell me if they are legal? Is vaping generally accepted in Amersterdam?

Thanks

11 replies to this topic
Doncaster, United...
reviews: 5
1. Re: Electric cigarettes

Vaping is absolutely acceptable in Amsterdam infact if you go into any coffee shop you can even vape cannabis using there machines and lots of bars are still (cannabis) smoker friendly so using an Ecigarette won't be a problem. Obviously Vaping in restaurants museums etc could be frowned on but that would be the same in most countries anyway....

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 32
2. Re: Electric cigarettes

Perfectly legal and e-cigarettes and their accessories are widely marketed

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 8
3. Re: Electric cigarettes

As a straight up legal issue I think vaping and ecigs are going to present some difficulties.

How can you fine someone for smoking if no smoke is generated? If the sign said no smoking in my hotel room I would obey the law.

If the sign said no vaping I'd obey that law as well.

Doncaster, United...
reviews: 5
4. Re: Electric cigarettes

To the OP forget legal issues,, fines in hotel rooms and obeying the law these are just not an issue.. You will be absolutely fine to use an Ecigarette or vape pen,, simple common sense will prevail,, if you see a no smoking sign in a hotel reception or a bar then just stick to the rules.. If not but you still aren't sure then just ask but to be honest you will probably never even have to ask the question.. You will most probably see people smoking a joint in lots of smoker friendly bars and out and about in public areas so a simple Ecigarette will not cause any problems whatsoever....

Newcastle, United...
reviews: 2
5. Re: Electric cigarettes

Thanks - very helpful!

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
6. Re: Electric cigarettes

'electric cigarettes' - sounds like name of 60's band

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 72
7. Re: Electric cigarettes

People in my office use them there. Anything that prevents three of them going out together once an hour for 10 minute smoke breaks leaving me to do all the work is fine by me.

Edited: 4:55 am, August 23, 2014
veldhoven
reviews: 126
8. Re: Electric cigarettes

I am using electric sigarettes as well. However, when in a restaurant I go outside to join the other smokers to be not offensive to the other diners..

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 54
9. Re: Electric cigarettes

[People in my office use them there. Anything that prevents three of them going out together once an hour for 10 minute smoke breaks leaving me to do all the work is fine by me.]

I know, right?! And a 10 minute an hour smoker is a mild one. We have various 3x per hour smokers, maybe not for 10 minutes but at least 7 minutes every time (smoking room on the same floor saves a bit of time). So at least 20 minutes every hour, they are away. One third of a work day, every day. And statistics show they are sick more frequently too. They should work overtime to make up. Or start e-smoking.

I wonder though, does an electronic cigarette really not give off any offensive smell, smoke, cancerous residue for bystanders?

And I have to say I don't know what the laws are for using them in non-smoking cafes, restaurants, hotels.

Edited: 8:19 am, August 23, 2014
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 72
10. Re: Electric cigarettes

IME you can't really smell anything from them and my colleagues use them right next to me and no smoke, only a small amount of vapour which disperses quickly. No more vapour than would rise from a hot drink.

Personally I don't mind them at all and I really don't care for ciggy smoke.

Edited: 8:25 am, August 23, 2014
Reply to: Electric cigarettes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted