We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schiphol Connexxion Shuttle Experience

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Avila Beach...
Level Contributor
936 posts
8 reviews
Schiphol Connexxion Shuttle Experience

I cautiously chose to use the Connexxion hotel shuttle roundtrip from Schiphol airport to the Ibis Amsterdam Center and back following questionable reviews. I wanted to share that my personal experience was pleasant and positive. Within ten minutes of landing, I had passed through immigration, purchased a ticket at the shuttle counter and was sitting on a shuttle. It took about 40 minutes with two additional stops each way. After repeated warnings, I was particularly concerned about the reliability of my return trip from the hotel to the airport. I asked the hotel to book the return trip (which was very early the following morning) upon my arrival and while they didn't feel it was necessary, they hospitably re-confirmed it the following morning. The shuttle arrived promptly on time. Both drivers were humorous, informative and very friendly. As my stay in Amsterdam was very short, I found that the "sight-seeing" provided on the drives through the city was an additional perk. While taking the train would have been less expensive and slightly faster, I found the shuttle stress-free, efficient and reliable. As a tired solo traveler with luggage, a short layover and no previous knowledge of the city, it was perfect for me.

15 replies to this topic
Avila Beach...
Level Contributor
936 posts
8 reviews
11. Re: Schiphol Connexxion Shuttle Experience

You can book the Connexxion shuttle online if you choose. If you don't have a ticket you need to purchase one at their desk before you go outside to the shuttle stop. Once you pass through immigration and customs the desk is all the way at the end of the airport to the right (I believe it is terminal 4). There are signs. The shuttle stop is a couple of minutes walk from the desk.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,126 posts
48 reviews
12. Re: Schiphol Connexxion Shuttle Experience

You can also buy shuttle tickets at the Amsterdam tourist information office beside the Airport Information wickets to the right as you come out of the immigration/customs hall. It's less of a walk and they will tell you where to go when you exit the terminal to catch the bus.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
171 posts
10 reviews
13. Re: Schiphol Connexxion Shuttle Experience

Our family of five prebooked the shuttle because we didn't want to deal with trains and trams after an overnight flight from the US. Prebooking meant we didn't have to stop by their desk, and could just walk right outside the terminal and it was easy following the signs. But when we got outside, there was an enormous crowd waiting and the guy taking names told us to be patient, and we would be put on the third bus (each holds eight people). Since we thought the shuttles only came each half hour, we were a bit worried about the wait! But it took about 15 minutes for us to get on a shuttle, and the trip to the hotel was easy. We tipped the driver a euro for each bag.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
27,882 posts
74 reviews
14. Re: Schiphol Connexxion Shuttle Experience

So you went for the shuttle in the end Windsor. for five of you though didn't that work out about the same a direct cab?

4 posts
15. Re: Schiphol Connexxion Shuttle Experience

Warning to all travelers! Connexxion Schipol Hotel Shuttle service is a complete scam! This company is a total fraud and I should have listened to other reviews. The company promises to pick you up and drop you off, after you pay $40EU online.

We scheduled the pick up from our hotel to the airport. We were told to walk a few a few blocks as the driver for some reason could not stop out front. We took 2 x 40 pound bags and trekked them along cobble stone roads. We wait and we waited and waited some more but noone came. We went back to the hotel with our luggage and the front desk phoned the driver and he said that we need to walk to a different location, a few more blocks and over a bridge to get to him! What kind of shuttle pickup expects you to haul your luggage for several cobble stone roads, over a bridge to come to them?

We ended up getting a taxi that picked us up in front of the hotel, loaded our bags in and paid an additional $75EU.

It gets better.

Upon our arrival at home we demanded a refund for a service they did not provide and we had paid for. They refused!! They refused to refund us because they couldn't process visas?!?! You can processes my visa for the payment but you don't know or can't give it back?! They in turn requested our personal banking information including addresses, account numbers and many other suspicious pieces of documentation. In this day and age that spells SCAM!!! To this day we have to received our money back. They refuse to refund us and frankly they should be shut down.

This company is fraudulent, a scam and they do not provided services that you pay for.

Stay away! Shut this company down!!!

Reply to: Schiphol Connexxion Shuttle Experience
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted