We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus luggage

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Bus luggage

My husband and I are Going from Amsterdam to Lille by ID bus. They state on their website the maximum weight is 16kg for each piece of luggage. We will have about 22kg. each. We will be coming off a river cruise and I do not want to have to buy another case just for bus travel.

Does anyone know if I can just pay extra for the for the two overweight pieces of luggage? The ID website doesn't mention overweight luggage, only that you can pay extra for a second piece of luggage.

I Have asked this question on the ID bus website but after 10 days they have not replied.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
27,972 posts
74 reviews
1. Re: Bus luggage

This sounds worse than flying Ryanair. 16kg is not very much at all. Thalys have a special fare to Lille, you would have been better booking that and taking as much luggage as you like

https:/…

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Bus luggage

Many thanks. Have booked Thalys departing at 7.18 am for $46 each. Didn't pick up on this fare as I was looking at trains departing after 10.00 am, but this works out so much better. Thanks again.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
27,972 posts
74 reviews
3. Re: Bus luggage

Oh cool, you are welcome. Much quicker also.

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Bus luggage

ID bus lines have replied to my query. They have advised that I divide my luggage into two if it is over 16kg, the cost being €5 for the second piece.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
27,972 posts
74 reviews
5. Re: Bus luggage

Well they say that in their FAQ's but not much good if like you, you only have one bag. Having a paltry 16kg allowance would really put me off using this service if they are strict on it.

Anyway you are far better off taking the more comfortable train

6. Re: Bus luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, August 07, 2015