We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

P+R four persons, three days

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Modiin, Israel
reviews: 1
P+R four persons, three days

How does it work ?

1. Do I get four different P+R GVB cards at the blue machine or just one card for four persons?

2. If I get four different cards, do all four persons have to make the return trip from the city center, or one person can just validate all four cards ?

3. Where should I say that the car will be parked for three days ? It seems everything is done using machines.

13 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 63
11. Re: P+R four persons, three days

Or park somewhere in the streets nearby (although I wouldn't know which), good chance it's free at night. Or even in daytime, check the map. amsterdam.nl/parkeren-verkeer/… You're in that southeastern part 'Zuidoost' with a few squares of paid parking areas. If I tick the circle for 21-24 (after 9 pm) those red boxes disappear, making me think it's free parking there after 9pm.

The only thing is I don't know how safe that area is from car break-ins. Definitely don't leave anything in sight, no matter how worthless, even a bag may attract unwanted attention. Leave nothing in the glove compartment and leave that open for anyone to see how empty it is.

Modiin, Israel
12. Re: P+R four persons, three days

Bravo, Ronaldo, thanks a lot ! Your solution is the best of all. Unfortunately, I can't change the hotel as I made a no cancellation booking.

Modiin, Israel
13. Re: P+R four persons, three days

Thanks, Cecile ! I could not even imagine such a luxury as a free parking anywhere in Amsterdam :-). I will check this option too prior to following the excellent Ronaldo's solution. Finally, in gratitude for all of you so kind readiness to help below is a true story of my parking experience in Amsterdam.

It happened some 10 years ago. I parked a car in a designated parking slot close the Museum Square. Then I went to either change a money or to buy a parking ticket. I don't remember exactly, but the point is that I was absent for some 15-20 minutes and was even ready to be fined for a small amount for such big "crime". However, when I came back I found my car sandalled ! In the designated parking area ! You can't find such strange draconian laws anywhere in the globe. I was unlucky to arrive in Amsterdam in the day this law has been adopted. As a result, I was attacked by several TV crews asking my opinion. This was the greatest punishment for me as I planned my trip to Amsterdam being confidential and I was really upset to watch my angry face in the evening news:-).

Now you might understand, why parking in Amsterdam is such painful subject for me.

Reply to: P+R four persons, three days
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted