We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

P+R four persons, three days

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Modiin, Israel
reviews: 1
P+R four persons, three days

How does it work ?

1. Do I get four different P+R GVB cards at the blue machine or just one card for four persons?

2. If I get four different cards, do all four persons have to make the return trip from the city center, or one person can just validate all four cards ?

3. Where should I say that the car will be parked for three days ? It seems everything is done using machines.

13 replies to this topic
Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 17
1. Re: P+R four persons, three days

Most information is detailed here, tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188590-c134770/Amste…

1. Yes you get separate passes for each of you.

2. All passes must be validated to receive the discounted parking rate.

3. Not sure what you are asking. There is usually an attendant during daylight hours.

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 62
2. Re: P+R four persons, three days

Never used it myself and the rules recently changed... hopefully this is of help: iamsterdam.com/en-GB/…park-and-ride

Modiin, Israel
3. Re: P+R four persons, three days

Thanks, guys ! I did read all available official information. My problem is that I am going to leave the parking in the morning. This means I have to go to the city center just for validating the passes. This action is ridiculous by itself. But, if I have to take with me the whole family, it becomes unacceptable. In this case I will have to leave the P+R parking place in the previous night and find some other parking place for the last night.

Amsterdam, The...
4. Re: P+R four persons, three days

When you get here and see how small and densely populated the city is, you may understand why parking a car costs so much money here.

If you haven't booked accommodation yet you may want to stay at a hotel in northern Amsterdam with free parking, and use public transport or a hotel shuttle to get into town. For example NH Galaxy has free parking, and a free shuttle into the city center.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
5. Re: P+R four persons, three days

I could be wrong but I thought that you only need to validate one GVB ticket as having been to and from the central zone.

So you are not actually staying int the central zone then? If so where are you staying?

Edited: 3:51 pm, August 04, 2014
Modiin, Israel
6. Re: P+R four persons, three days

I am staying near Arena. In fact, I selected this specific hotel because of the close proximity to P+R. I thought parking in P+R is a simple matter, but, unfortunately, it is not. Anyway my hotel has private parking for Euro 19.5. It is not much more expensive than four tickets to the city center. So, I will go for this option: two days I will be using P+R and last night I park in the hotel.

Hopefully this post will be useful for somebody else planning long parking at P+R.

Amsterdam, The...
7. Re: P+R four persons, three days

Also look out there aren't any big events when you're here or that parking may be full... Like soccer matches at ArenA or concerts at Ziggo Dome.

Edited: 2:25 am, August 05, 2014
Modiin, Israel
8. Re: P+R four persons, three days

I know, thanks. I must confess that the on-line information regarding P+R in Amsterdam is excellent. My specific question was not covered just because P+R is strictly devoted to visiting the city center and we are not in this category at the last day.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
9. Re: P+R four persons, three days

>>Hopefully this post will be useful for somebody else planning long parking at P+R.<<

Well probably not really. Most people use the P+R to park their car and go into the centre. Anyhow this is what you do. You only need to have one GVB card from the P+R to qualify. No-one is going to count the number of people in your car. So drop everyone off with the bags at the hotel (Hampton by any chance), you go park the car in the P+R. You just need to get one GVB ticket within an hour of parking the car but there is no time limit to using it within that day so walk back to the hotel. Then all of you go into Amsterdam. Probably best that you all get 72 hour tickets, you will need them.

Then you use the ticket you got from the P+R to check in at the Metro and out in Central Amsterdam.

Before you need to pick up the car then all you have to do is go to Wibautstraat metro station with your pass then check in with the P+R ticket there and go back to pick up the car.

OK it's a bit of a faf but then you should have read the rules before booking your hotel. Parking will then only cost you €3.

Amsterdam, The...
10. Re: P+R four persons, three days

Or change hotels for example to that NH Galaxy or another one in Noord. Free parking by the hotel, same distance from the center.

Reply to: P+R four persons, three days
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted