We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holland Pass

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Amsterdam, The...
Holland Pass

The Holland Pass is a MASSIVE scam, be very careful buying this for many reasons:

1. You need a printer to print it out before collecting pass, otherwise you wont get the pass, good luck finding a printer, accessing your emails in Amsterdam.

2. What you actually get if you buy the 2 ticket option.

1. Ticket 1, entry to ONE that's right ONE of the 100 listed attractions. And that's all the main attractions, so that's fine

2. Ticket 2, entry to some boring unknown museum / attraction

3. Free public transport for 1 day only

Now that may sound amazing to some poor, unsuspecting tourist, though let's just do the math.

Say I wanted to visit the Van Gogh Museum with the first ticket, 15 Euros (normal off the street entry fee)

Now let's say I wanted to visit the Rijksmuseum, oh no I already used the first ticket, The Rijksmuseum wont accept the second less valuable ticket.

Oh well, I guess I'll just go and visit some other, less known museum, very boring. Oh they all cost 10 Euros entry off the street.

So that would have cost me 15 Euros + 10 Euros + 5 euros for public transport if you use it.

So that's 30 Euros if I walked of the street, but I just spent 35 Euros on the Holland Pass.

Massive scam.

You really need to be careful in Amsterdam, these scams are everywhere. It's a liberal city, a lot of freedom and a lot of freedom to rip off tourists. The Holland Pass is a government approved scam, so you can imagine how badly scammed you can get with a non-government approved scam in Amsterdam.

15 replies to this topic
London
reviews: 35
11. Re: Holland Pass

>>> wirewiper, please don't contribute unless you have had personal experience with the item in question, <<<

I will contribute when and where I want to. This is a public forum.

Did you look up that phrase BTW?

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
reviews: 3
12. Re: Holland Pass

A-hole is being kind and an insult to A-holes.

Santa Monica...
reviews: 125
13. Re: Holland Pass

I found the Holland Pass website to be supremely confusing. I could not understand if buying the Gold pass gave me free entry into "hundreds of museums and attractions" or only 2, 5 or 7 or however many tickets I chose to buy. I am savvy enough not to buy it until I completely understand it, but even though I read every word of their website, I could not understand it. I have sent an email to the Holland Pass company.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 17
14. Re: Holland Pass

The Holland Pass only gives you entry to select attractions that you exchange your tickets for. You do not receive unlimited entry and the max is 7 tickets for €72. The Museumkaart might be what you want. It gives you free entry to most museums across the country for €50.

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 3
15. Re: Holland Pass

It took me a little while to figure out the Holland Pass pricing too and I agree that the 2 pass may not be worth the money. The best way to decipher the various options is to go to the "Pricing" tab, and then hover over the little red box with an "i" in it. There you can find the exact number of Gold and Silver tickets and the amount of transit time that are included in each of the four options. The Holland Pass 2 includes 1 Gold ticket, 1 Silver, and 24 hours transit; Holland Pass 5 includes 2 Gold, 3 Silver, and 24 hours transit; Holland Pass 7 includes 3 Gold, 4 Silver, and 48 hours transit, and the Kids pass includes 2 Gold, 3 Silver, and 24 hours transit. The Gold tickets get you into the "top" attractions like the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh museum, the Silver tickets get you into the less desirable but still some nice attractions. I found that for people that are going to be in town for awhile, it may be worthwhile to purchase the 5 or 7 passes as these do seem to save at least 10-15 euros if all the tickets are used.

Reply to: Holland Pass
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted