We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Museumpleinticket

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Positano, Italy
reviews: 39
Museumpleinticket

According to various websites Amsterdam's 5-Star Hotels are introducing a museumpleinticket.

For 90 euro visitors can purchase the ticket at various 5-Star Hotels and gain fastlane entrance at the three major museums at Museumplein ( Van Gogh, Rijks and Stedelijk ) and have the possibility to visit a concert at the Concertgebouw ( even when a concert is sold out, a limited number of seats are reserved for holders of the museumpleinticket )

A regular museumkaart is cheaper but participants expect to sell the museumpleinticket to tourists / visitors with limited time preferring fast entrance.

Dutch articles:

nieuws.nl/algemeen/20140612/Vijfsterrenticke…

at5.nl/artikelen/129287/straks-met-een-kaart…

9 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 72
1. Re: Museumpleinticket

So €90 for three museums. Wow what great value, not!! There's never a queue at the Stadelijk anyway and you can buy a Holland pass and get fast track at the VG.

Positano, Italy
2. Re: Museumpleinticket

Indeed, unless you score some good seats at the Concertgebouw yet another example of misleading visitors.

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 2
3. Re: Museumpleinticket

One of the worst idea's ever heard.

A visit to the three museums will cost an adult 45 euro.

The Concertgebouw offers often free concerts , or discounts. So I don't know what the other 45 euro will do?!

Stedelijk doesn't have any lines during the week. And the Van Gogh Museum can be that busy, that you will have to wait in line anyway.

Moreover, who wants the visit all locations within one week or weekend? Wow, some commitment!

This is pure false marketing, what a nonsense...

4. Re: Museumpleinticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:15 am, September 14, 2014
Edited: 7:15 am, September 14, 2014

Amsterdam, The...
5. Re: Museumpleinticket

I'm also benieuwd how this will work out with the Concertgebouw where tickets for the popular concerts nowadays are near of over the 100 euro.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 72
6. Re: Museumpleinticket

The way I read it you still have to pay for the tickets only the reservations are included so there goes probably another €100

7. Re: Museumpleinticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 1:46 pm, September 11, 2014

Amsterdam, The...
8. Re: Museumpleinticket

The Rijksmuseum website suggestie that a concertticket is included

Positano, Italy
9. Re: Museumpleinticket

I asked the concierge at the hotel I am staying at and he told me that as far as he knows the ticket includes a ticket for the Concertgebouw. He showed me a leaflet with some basic information ( nothing more than what we know already ). According to his info they should start selling these tickets in a couple of weeks. It was clear to me that these guys also don't know what to do with it ( call to make a reservation for the Concertgebouw ahead etc ).

I agree with MrOther, also locals might be interested If this ticket will guarantee seats for a very popular performance....

I am considering buying a ticket in the upcoming weeks to see how this deal works out.......

Reply to: Museumpleinticket
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted