We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Schiphol to Sir Albert Hotel

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cork
reviews: 1
Transport from Schiphol to Sir Albert Hotel

I am seeking information on the options for transfer from the airport to the Hotel. It looks like Public transport is not too easy with luggage. Which is the most cost effective service? thanks

4 replies to this topic
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 132
1. Re: Transport from Schiphol to Sir Albert Hotel

Hi there,

Never had problems with luggage in trams. See

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188590-s301/Amsterda…

And in your case easiest is train to Sloterdijk and then tram 12, 9292.nl gives door to door instructions.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
2. Re: Transport from Schiphol to Sir Albert Hotel

I have to disagree with Erik. Take the airport 197 bus to the Museumplein and walk from there. About 5 minutes.

Cab will be about €40 all the way. Train to Amsterdam Zuid then taxi from there (€10) would be my choice if I didn't want to fork out for a cab from the airport.

amsterdam
3. Re: Transport from Schiphol to Sir Albert Hotel

Dear lady/Sir Corkmed,

Sir Albert recommends taking the airport bus 197 from Schiphol Airport to bus stop: Museumplein (De Lairessestraat). From there it's just a small walk ±6 minutes to Sir Albert's Private Mansion. Click on the link below for the waking route from Museumplein to Sir Albert's Private Mansion:

http://goo.gl/maps/9862R

If you don't want to walk you can also cross the road and take tram 16 or 24 at tram stop: Museumplein (Gabriel Metsustraat). Get out on the next tram stop: Ruysdaelstraat and cross the bridge.

Sir Albert and his staff are looking forward to welcome you at his Private Mansion.

Warm regards,

Barbara de Jong, Hotel Manager, Sir Albert Hotel.

Edited: 4:33 am, June 12, 2014
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
4. Re: Transport from Schiphol to Sir Albert Hotel

I would not bother with the tram. From the bus stop to the hotel is only 800m on the flat and you will spend more time waiting on a tram than it would take to walk. It would also cost you €2.80 for just one stop.

Edited: 4:50 am, June 12, 2014
Reply to: Transport from Schiphol to Sir Albert Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted