We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coach from Manchester to Amsterdam Zeeburg P&R coach park at

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
reviews: 9
Coach from Manchester to Amsterdam Zeeburg P&R coach park at

hi guys

me and hubby are thinking of getting the megabus coach from manchester to amsterdam the coach parks up at Zeeburg P&R coach park at Zuiderzeeweg.

i have read on this forum you can get the train to amsterdam centre or the bus i was wondering if we got the train is is straight forward, easy to do i get panicky when i dont really no what i am doing :)

how long does it take on the train?

has anybody ever travelled on the megabus this way?? it takes 16 hours but on there website it doesnt tell me what route we do?

i take it we will have to go on a ferry? (sorry if i sound stupid)

sorry if these questions have been asked before.

Thanks very much

6 replies to this topic
Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 38
1. Re: Coach from Manchester to Amsterdam Zeeburg P&R coach park at

Train travel in NL is very easy and, particularly in comparison to the UK, inexpensive and reliable. There is also the fact that pretty well everyone here speaks English and will be more than happy to help. You have no need to fret.

I don't know for sure but I would expect the bus to take one of the ferries from Dover to Calais.

Personally I would rather have root canal work done than spend 16 hours in a bus. In your shoes I would fly with one of the no frill airlines. Probably either Easyjet from Liverpool or Jet2 from Leeds. It won't cost a lot more and will save you 12 hours in each direction.

manchester
2. Re: Coach from Manchester to Amsterdam Zeeburg P&R coach park at

ha ha ha i no im not looking forward to the journey but its only £100 for both of us return the flights are coming up at about £150 each so trying to be good with money ha ha

im just on a website now trying to read up on the trains and buses hopefully i will be able to figure it out.

many thanks for your reply

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
3. Re: Coach from Manchester to Amsterdam Zeeburg P&R coach park at

What dates are you traveling? I have just looked at skyscanner.net and, for the randomly chosen first weekend in August, you can fly from Leeds for €131 eur per person. That works out just over £100.

manchester
4. Re: Coach from Manchester to Amsterdam Zeeburg P&R coach park at

were looking for any friday n july

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
5. Re: Coach from Manchester to Amsterdam Zeeburg P&R coach park at

>>i have read on this forum you can get the train to amsterdam centre or the bus<<

No train but tram 26. The bus only goes to Amstel Station. the 9292.nl/en site will guide you.

The Megabus goes Manchester to London Victoria where you have to change coaches (and wait around 1.5 to 3 hours) for the coach to Amsterdam. If you look on You Tube there are a few video diaries about the coach service etc. On the Megabus site there is a "view" link under Schedule which will tell you the route/timings etc.

So then on to Amsterdam probably via the ferry crossing and of course for this you will be off the bus so a chance to find yourself a seat to try to sleep on or a bracing walk around the decks. I think the crossing takes about three hours or so.

Then 16.5 hours after leaving Manchester you arrive happy and refreshed (not) on Saturday morning unless you started your trip at 03:30 Friday morning. So tired and bedraggled you still have to get from the outskirts of town by tram to Centraal Station and then to your accommodation where, if it is the 0900 arrival, you will have to ask them either for an early check in or leave your bags and get some breakfast steadfast in the knowledge that you can look forward to doing the same trip in reverse the next day.

Have a nice trip.

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
6. Re: Coach from Manchester to Amsterdam Zeeburg P&R coach park at

I looked at departure Friday 18th, return Monday 21st on www.skyscanner.net. You can fly from Leeds on either Jet2 or KLM for €130 per person. It is a little more expensive to go from Liverpool with Easyjet.

Reply to: Coach from Manchester to Amsterdam Zeeburg P&R coach park at
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted