We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would you live in the Netherlands if you could?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland Region...
reviews: 78
Would you live in the Netherlands if you could?

Often I dream of the day that i can live or at least spend part of the year in the Netherlands. At present, a couple of weeks is all i can manage, due to distance and committments here in New Zealand. However, I also wonder if it is so special due to the fact that I can only spend a very limited time there! One day i will spend 3 months , and then see how i feel.

What is your opinion on this? Too much of a good thing can become ordinary?

33 replies to this topic
Auckland Region...
31. Re: Would you live in the Netherlands if you could?

I am a pedestrian...i dont ride a bike , or drive a car.

Therefore i love city centres in compact cities that allow me to walk everywhere :)

Cape Town Central...
32. Re: Would you live in the Netherlands if you could?

We are in Europe for 3 months. One and a half month in Dusseldorf and the rest of the time in Netherland. In differrent parts of Netherland. We first stayed in Putten for a few days and it was absolutely fabulous. We cycled a lot. We now in Tienhoven, near Maarssen. It is also very beautiful and very peaceful here. What I love about Germany and Netherland is that they are organised. When the light is red for the pedestrians they stop. Motorists also very patience with pedestrians and cyclists.

I have a Dutch passport, but was born in South Africa. Will I stay in Netherland? I do not think so, maybe if I was younger. I will miss the people of SA, my family,the language,my friends,my children and THE SUN.

What i would like to do is to stay 6months in SA and 6months in Netherland, but not in one of the big cities.

We are having a fabulous time in Netherland, but in 3 weeks we are going back to SA.

Auckland Region...
33. Re: Would you live in the Netherlands if you could?

I would also like to spend different amounts of time in different countries. Some in New Zealand, some in Asia and some in Europe .............nice to dream :)

Reply to: Would you live in the Netherlands if you could?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted