We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paris, France
Things to do

I will be in Amsterdam tonight and tomorrow night. Looking for advice on things to do and "must sees" while there. What area should I look to stay in? Any advice on the above as well as places to stay would be appreciated.

I land there in a few hours, will take the train to city center and then don't know where to go, where to stay or what to do. What an adventure. I'm excited but a little nervous.

Advice appreciated. Thanks.

5 replies to this topic
Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 38
1. Re: Things to do

Look at the Top Question to the right of this forum 'What is there to see and do?' then make your own call.

Paris, France
2. Re: Things to do

I'm on an iPhone and don't see it on this little screen. What would you advise?

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 53
3. Re: Things to do

You land in a few hours and don't have a place to stay? Good luck...

The entire center is fine.

What to see and do: www.iamsterdam.com > what to do.

Or go to the tourist info center opposite Central Station and ask if they can help find accommodation, and things to do.

Essen, Germany
reviews: 82
4. Re: Things to do

It seems that you are pretty adventurous and spontaneous, I have read your other post:-))

I would take Cecile´s advice and ask at the tourist office, otherwise it would be a game of chance to get an available hotel room for a reasonable price.

How did you manage to book a room at Berlin and Kopenhagen? And where you do plan to go next? Back to Berlin?

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 8
5. Re: Things to do

Download the Priceline app and use NYOP to find a hotel. Bid on 4 or 5 star in the center. You may get a room for under 100 bucks.

Reply to: Things to do
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted