We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Easyjet flight PRG – AMS cancelled !!... my experience…

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai
reviews: 33
My Easyjet flight PRG – AMS cancelled !!... my experience…

Hi

This is just to inform all interested on my recent experience with Easyjet.

Me and my wife were booked on the Easyjet flight route AMS-PRG-AMS for Sept 02<>06 2014 and tickets purchased in early May 2014 for a total of EUR 212 incl one checked bag charges for each of us.

Yesterday I received an e-mail from them, informing that the Sept 06 PRG-AMS flight has been cancelled – essentially the return leg of our flight. The e-mail also laid out the options, incl the option to cancel other ‘related’ legs of the same journey and booked on the same booking reference number.

When I tried to do this on their website – the AMS-PRG leg could not be cancelled for refund – the relevant cells were not highlighted. Apparently, only the return leg can be cancelled thru the website “manage my booking” feature. This meant that I was stuck with Easyjet for the AMS-PRG sector – but would have to buy a fresh ticket for the return sector.

Looking at both KLM and CZA options for the PRG-AMS one way ticket – these were very expensive for Sept 06. I guess one way tickets on scheduled airlines are generally very expensive. But return tickets for AMS<>PRG were still available at a reasonable price for the same dates.

I registered my request for cancellation of the entire booking thru their website “Submit Query” feature, but was not sure whether this would work. Finally, I called up their customer service in London (overseas call from India) and requested for a complete cancellation of the entire journey and refund back to my credit card.

The request was complied with immediately and I also received a confirmation mail for the same – saying that the entire amount of EUR 212 would be credited to my account within 5-7 days.

I think Easyjet has received some / plenty negative feedback – but my own experience in the way they dealt with my case has been very positive. I am now assuming that the money will be refunded within the time mentioned by them.

ALSO:

We finally ended up booking our AMS<>PRG tickets on CZA for EUR 267 – same dates as well. So our 5D/4N Prague program essentially stays the same – except that the flight times are a bit different.

My advice to anyone facing similar issues – it is worthwhile to simply call even after going thru the usual routine of e-mails and query submissions. Thx Easyjet, Thx CZA.

*** Now looking forward to our stay in Prague – still almost 100 days away ! ***

2 replies to this topic
glasgow
reviews: 14
1. Re: My Easyjet flight PRG – AMS cancelled !!... my experience…

Never had any problem with Easyjet. I've flown with them all over Europe and the worst thing to happen was a flight from Glasgow to Amsterdam being delayed by an hour or so when the plane's tyre punctured taxi-ing out. They seem to have gotten a bit more expensive these days. In fact, we're coming there for our honeymoon in October and it was almost as cheap to fly KLM and the times are more convenient so we are using them this time.

Ryanair though, I wouldn't send my nemesis on one of their flights.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 181
2. Re: My Easyjet flight PRG – AMS cancelled !!... my experience…

Like the poster above - I have flown EJ many many times without a single issue. I can't say the same about my exp. with Ryan Air. Your lucky you had another low cost carrier option - and hopefully had/will have a great vacation.

Edited: 10:43 pm, May 27, 2014
Reply to: My Easyjet flight PRG – AMS cancelled !!... my experience…
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted