We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airbnb - first experience

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 38
Airbnb - first experience

Strictly speaking this is not related to the Amsterdam forum but I thought I'd share the fact that I used www.airbnb.com for the first time this weekend to book a two bed, two bath apartment (In Cardiff). I only resorted to this as there were very few hotels available and those that were, were asking extortionate prices.

Have to say I was very impressed. We had a fantastic place in a great location. Everything from the booking through arrival and the facilities we had was spot on. The description of the apartment on the website had been spot on.

I will certainly use them again and have no hesitation in recommending them.

3 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 53
1. Re: Airbnb - first experience

Sounds good. My two experiences so far have also been great.

Do note that it is still always important to read the reviews for each apartment, about the apartment itself but also about the interaction with the owner. Because every apartment owner in Airbnb is different. They can be people like you and me and our neighbors. Not everyone sticks to the rules / morals.

Of course this also counts for hotels; I've had terrible experiences with quite a lot of hotels (especially before the internet was a regular thing, or when tagging along with someone else's booking), but just thought I'd add that warning.

Airbnb is basically just a booking site such as booking.com... we cannot state that *all* hotels via booking.com are great, just like we can't state that *all* apartments via airbnb are great.

But all in all, yeah it's a great way of staying, for a longish city trip I prefer an apartment to a hotel!

Edited: 4:40 am, May 27, 2014
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
2. Re: Airbnb - first experience

"two bath apartment"

No beds then Brian, you had to sleep in the bath ;-)

Auckland Region...
reviews: 78
3. Re: Airbnb - first experience

i have used airbnb in Paris, Cologne and London. All have been good , except one (London)

I would use it also in Amsterdam, but I use the same place normally when i am in Amsterdam, so no need to.

Reply to: Airbnb - first experience
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted