We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest Way to Travel from Amsterdam to Berlin??

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Cheapest Way to Travel from Amsterdam to Berlin??

My girlfriend and I are travelling from Amsterdam to Berlin on June 6th. We are having a hard time finding a way to travel that is cheaper than £140 with EasyJet. We're obviously hoping to find something significantly cheaper if possible. Any suggestion? Thank you!

11 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 60
1. Re: Cheapest Way to Travel from Amsterdam to Berlin??

Have you looked into Eurlines or Megabus buses, or the train?

seat61.com/international-trains/trains-from-…

By the way, the Netherlands and Berlin use euros. It would help if you also say your budget in euros. I don't feel like doing the math. :-)

Obviously, hitchhiking can be even cheaper but not necessariily the safest option. www.hitchhikers.org

Amsterdam, The...
2. Re: Cheapest Way to Travel from Amsterdam to Berlin??

P.S. As for flying, have you tried www.skyscanner.com ? Or the websites for Ryanair, Transavia?

Toronto, Canada
3. Re: Cheapest Way to Travel from Amsterdam to Berlin??

My apologies!! I meant 140 euros, haha. As far as I can tell neither Ryanair or Transavia make this flight on June 6th! Will look further into the suggested buses though, thank you!

Toronto, Canada
4. Re: Cheapest Way to Travel from Amsterdam to Berlin??

Also checked the train and it would be 150-200 euros :(

Toronto, Canada
5. Re: Cheapest Way to Travel from Amsterdam to Berlin??

Also seems as though Megabus does not travel from Amsterdam to Berlin. We found a eurolines bus for 115 euros, but it's 10 hours long so flying with easyjet might be our best option!

UK
reviews: 26
6. Re: Cheapest Way to Travel from Amsterdam to Berlin??

You've picked a bad time to travel... it's the Friday before Pentecost, the Monday is a public holiday in most of Europe, and a lot of people will be going away for the long week-end. All the cheap tickets will have been snatched up ages ago, for all modes of transport, and trains are likely to be crowded.

Amsterdam, The...
7. Re: Cheapest Way to Travel from Amsterdam to Berlin??

I found an Easyjet flight for €79, or did you mean €140 for two persons??

www.skyscanner.com > all Berlin airports

Do read up on luggage restrictions though, or you will end up paying a lot more.

Edited: 1:53 pm, May 26, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 17
8. Re: Cheapest Way to Travel from Amsterdam to Berlin??

There is another bus company that travels from Amsterdam to Berlin and the on to Poland. Can't remember the name at the moment but I'll try and find a link.

Leiden, The...
reviews: 4
9. Re: Cheapest Way to Travel from Amsterdam to Berlin??

Transavia only fly from Eindhoven to Berlin, so that's why you couldn't find any flights from AMS. Eindhoven is about 2hrs south of Amsterdam (1.5hr train + 20min bus). A one way ticket on 6th June is €100 so you won't save any euros by taking that route. 5th June still has €50 tickets and 8th June even cheaper ones at €39, but of course you'll also have to spend money on getting to Eindhoven Airport.

Personally, I think €79 for an easyjet flight as found by Cecile is quite a good deal, especially when traveling on such short notice and during a holiday weekend.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 17
10. Re: Cheapest Way to Travel from Amsterdam to Berlin??

Here is the bus company. http://www.bestbustravel.com/en

Reply to: Cheapest Way to Travel from Amsterdam to Berlin??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted