We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A day in Amsterdam - 9 ladies - what to see and do?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sussex
reviews: 8
A day in Amsterdam - 9 ladies - what to see and do?

A group of us (9 ladies) are visiting Amsterdam for just the day!

We were thinking of hiring a canal boat to give us a tour? (with a driver to point out the sight/give us some history about what we are looking at). Any suggestions on where to get a boat from?

Any other suggestions of places to see and visit during our short time in Amsterdam?

Many thanks!

7 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 59
1. Re: A day in Amsterdam - 9 ladies - what to see and do?

Hi -

A canal boat tour is a nice idea - all the boat tours point out the sites so I would just get on one.

I like the Rederij Kooij by Muntplein but the are all pretty much the same. Here's a link:

amsterdamsights.com/tours/canalcruises.html

After the tour you can visit the Museum of Handbags and Purses and then have a nice lunch or high tea in the cafe there:

http://www.tassenmuseum.nl/

After that you can spend the afternoon in the Rijksmuseum and after that a quick tour of the House of Bols with cocktails afterwards in their lounge:

http://www.houseofbols.com/agegate.php?u=/

What do you think - is this what you had in mind?

Have fun - MMK

Essen, Germany
reviews: 82
2. Re: A day in Amsterdam - 9 ladies - what to see and do?

A canal boat cruise is a good alternative but if you really want to be a little more private there are some agencies where you can rent a boat for some hours, not sure if the captain service is included

Some years ago somebody suggested me this one

http://www.mokumbootverhuur.nl/nl

but there are some other companies too

tripadvisor.co.uk/…27968597

Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
3. Re: A day in Amsterdam - 9 ladies - what to see and do?

Nine guys? :-))

Maryland
reviews: 2
4. Re: A day in Amsterdam - 9 ladies - what to see and do?

How about a tour of Costa Diamond factory across from Rijksmuseum and then have fun trying on mega jewelry ? or purchasing...

Many tour boats are lined up at Central Station. If you want to take photos look for one with an open back area.

Are you docking from a cruise ship?

Cheers,

Sunny

Maryland
reviews: 2
5. Re: A day in Amsterdam - 9 ladies - what to see and do?

Oh, I forgot - Rembrandt's House is fully furnished and gives a great idea of Dutch life in the Golden Age. At Dam square there is the Royal Palace and New Kirk. The Van Gogh Museum. The Old Kirk is in the center of the Red Light District, perfectly safe especially during the daytime. Maybe a Hop-on Hop-off canal boat cruise would be useful.

More Cheers,

Sunny

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 163
6. Re: A day in Amsterdam - 9 ladies - what to see and do?

I want to see the 9 women operating the canal boat without a pilot in the canals...I suspect they may be making loops if they do not crash lol. Ouch...did I really just say that?

Edited: 10:47 pm, May 27, 2014
Essen, Germany
reviews: 82
7. Re: A day in Amsterdam - 9 ladies - what to see and do?

Naughty boy:-)). I think that bigger boats will only be rented with a captain, won´t they?

Reply to: A day in Amsterdam - 9 ladies - what to see and do?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted