We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tulips at Vondelpark this summer

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Lisse
reviews: 9
Tulips at Vondelpark this summer

For all tulip lovers who are traveling this summer ... from the 4th of july until the 7th of september there will be a tulip island at the Vondelpark. The tulip are specially prepared to bloom during summer time (aka ice tulips). During one hour you will learn all about the growing and blooming of the tulips and you can pick your own tulips. Only 300 people per day are allowed to go on tulip island and the entrance fee will be 12,50 euro. See nu.nl/ondernemen/3767840/tulpenondernemer-st… for more information. (translate.google.com for translation)

There isn't any information yet about where to get tickets or the opening times.

Nina

11 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
1. Re: Tulips at Vondelpark this summer

Great info Nring.

Helsinki, Finland
2. Re: Tulips at Vondelpark this summer

Thank you for a great info! I'll be in Amstrdam in July, I love tulips, I have never properly visited Vondelpark, so that is definitely a place for me visit now. Just have to found out closer to July how to get the tickets "to tulips".

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 33
3. Re: Tulips at Vondelpark this summer

Based on the website photos, it looks like the "island" will be where they have the Pavilion where everyone seems to get wedding photos taken. It is very, very small. For those who can't or won't get tickets, you'll have a good view from the walking path next to the small footbridge for free. Also, it is right next to the Openlucht Theatre which offers free music and culture performances in the summertime. Let's hope for good summer weather this year!

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Lisse
4. Re: Tulips at Vondelpark this summer

The Dutch website for the tulips at the Vondelpark this summer is up

See http://www.tulip-island.com (all Dutch - use translate.google.com for translation)

No information about tickets / prices yet.

Nina

Edited: 2:01 am, June 11, 2014
Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 14
5. Re: Tulips at Vondelpark this summer

Well, the Dutch in the website in fact sounds like it comes from translate.google.com

Strange!

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
6. Re: Tulips at Vondelpark this summer

€12.50?...yikes!!

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Lisse
7. Re: Tulips at Vondelpark this summer

Wow 12,50 euro? Compared to the ticket price of the Keukenhof (where you can spend hours) it sounds a bit too much for me. I'll wait till next springtime to see tulips again ;-)

8. Re: Tulips at Vondelpark this summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:35 pm, September 15, 2014

Bottrop, Germany
reviews: 89
9. Re: Tulips at Vondelpark this summer

Good news for all absolute tulip fans: today Tulip Island has started

www.iamsterdam.com/en-GB/Ndtrc/Tulip%20Island

But I´m not sure if it is worth the entrance fee...

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 33
10. Re: Tulips at Vondelpark this summer

Think of it like a charity. All the proceeds go into the upkeep and development of the Vondelpark.

Reply to: Tulips at Vondelpark this summer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted