We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in Amsterdam!?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
reviews: 9
Things to do in Amsterdam!?

What canal boat trip would you most recommend? (value for money)

Any nice restaurants? It's boyfriends birthday so I want to take him on a nice meal! Any place apart from Fish places haha.

Best place to hire bikes? (would ride them for the day while site-seeing.)

Any fun places to go? (Like the pub which has a mini golf course)

9 replies to this topic
Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
reviews: 3
1. Re: Things to do in Amsterdam!?

There's barely elbow room in a Dutch pub, but mini golf?

Bikes: www.bikecity.nl

Canal boats: any

Restaurants: De Belhamel or find one you like on www.iens.nl

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 33
2. Re: Things to do in Amsterdam!?

For restaurants, if you do not understand Dutch, IENS is not for you. I prefer Dining City (http://www.diningcity.com/en/amsterdam) which can be read in English.

All the canal tours are basically the same (and the size of the canal boats is a constant blight to other private boaters in the main canals). If you really want to see the city from the canal perspective, you can rent a small electric boat for a few hours and guide yourself in any way you want to go. Make it more fun by picking up some snacks and drinks to enjoy while you motor along.

Manchester, United...
reviews: 69
3. Re: Things to do in Amsterdam!?

I rented bikes from Mac bike near the park, a bit of practice was needed in relative safety before we ventured out on the roads!

There are lots of museums to suite every taste but some cost more than others, the sex museum is cheep however in my opinion best visited after a coffee shop.

There are again places to eat for every taste and budget it depends what you're looking for.

The zoo is a good place to visit, especially if the weather is nice, if you book tickets online before you go it's cheaper.

Don't over plan things... my husband took me to Amsterdam not long after we met and walking around taking it all in and going with the flow is half the fun of the city.

Enjoy

vancouver island
reviews: 1
4. Re: Things to do in Amsterdam!?

That sounds like a great idea.Where can you rent the small boats?

Biggleswade, United...
reviews: 8
5. Re: Things to do in Amsterdam!?

tripadvisor.co.uk/… a mini golf course with a pub. http://www.canalmotorboats.com/index.php/en/ you can rent small boats from this place, and as for hiring a bike, your taking your life into your own hands! good luck and have fun!

Alta, Norway
reviews: 4
6. Re: Things to do in Amsterdam!?

I realle love the Italian restaurant Bussia!! It is perfect for a special occasion or a romantic setting. The food is modern Italian, and the waiters are very attentive and pollite!

Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
7. Re: Things to do in Amsterdam!?

Interesting thread.

New York City, New...
reviews: 7
8. Re: Things to do in Amsterdam!?

thee are tons of stuff to do ,, besides the obvius just goolgle what you want

New York City, New...
reviews: 7
9. Re: Things to do in Amsterdam!?

just noticed my typos sorry