We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central Train Station to Rembrandt Square - Walk?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancashire, U.K
reviews: 15
Central Train Station to Rembrandt Square - Walk?

Myself and my wife are over for the Bank Holiday weekend, staying at the NH Schiller. Not sure whether to walk from the Station to our hotel or get a taxi - how long would it take to walk?

Also any GOOD Restaraunts near our hotel?

Also what are the best bars near by?

Thanks.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 131
1. Re: Central Train Station to Rembrandt Square - Walk?

Hi there,

a) It's 15 to 20 mins walk. And 5 stops by tram, lines 4 or 9.

b) Leave the eats and drinks to others. It's one of THE 2 areas for going out in town, and www.iens.nl gives lots of restaurant reviews.

Have a nice time,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 14
2. Re: Central Train Station to Rembrandt Square - Walk?

are you sure Erik , I make it the 4th stop.

Quebec City, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
reviews: 2
3. Re: Central Train Station to Rembrandt Square - Walk?

4th stop indeed.

Manchester, UK
reviews: 17
4. Re: Central Train Station to Rembrandt Square - Walk?

for a fun dinner go to the supper club. its pricey but well fun! more info go to their website (http://www.supperclub.com) or if u want to reserve a place i have the number... 0203446400

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
5. Re: Central Train Station to Rembrandt Square - Walk?

Supersyd , as you have a central hotel you wont be far away from most restaurants. What type of food , price , etc are you looking for.?

INSIDE dining scene , on this site may give you some ideas. Also www.amsterdam-eating.com and www.iens.nl

Please come back if you have any specific questions .

But Im on holiday from tomorrow and never go near a 'puter during that time. Im sure there are plenty of members on here that will be able to offer you good advice.

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 38
6. Re: Central Train Station to Rembrandt Square - Walk?

I haven't been there myself but Vooges is very close to your hotel and is very well reviewed.

eatdrinketc.com/amsterdam/…

Lancashire, U.K
reviews: 15
7. Re: Central Train Station to Rembrandt Square - Walk?

Geoffboxer - We are looking for a good Chinese & a good Italian? Thanks.

Utrecht, The...
8. Re: Central Train Station to Rembrandt Square - Walk?

I can direct you to a nice Italian near Rembrantsplein, but unfortunately I don't know the name. From rembranstplein, you need to go through Thorbeckeplein (adjacent square to rembrants) which has Hotel/Cafe Thorbeck on the left, and Cocos Australian Bar on the right (great for a pint). Across the canal, and on the other side of the bridge there is a little Italian place on the corner that does really nice food

9. Re: Central Train Station to Rembrandt Square - Walk?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, August 12, 2009