We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

King's Day in Keukenhof

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Genoa, Italy
reviews: 3
King's Day in Keukenhof

Hello everyone!

I am planning a trip to the Netherlands with my boyfriend from the 25th to the 30th April and I could really use some advice from expert Amsterdammers. (:

We will be staying in Amsterdam but we would like to visit Keukenhof as well; We do, however, have a few doubts as to when.

We thought about going on King's Day: spendind the morning wandering around in Amsterdam and the afternoon in Keukenhof. We thought this could be a good solution since we do want to see the celebrations in the city, but neither of us is really keen on partying 24/7, so this could be a good compromise. We were mostly wondering about transportation: do you think there will be troubles with the Amsterdam-Keukenhof route on King's day?

Thank you!

Simona

4 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
1. Re: King's Day in Keukenhof

Seems like a good compromise. There should be no issue with getting there and back. How were you planning on getting to Schiphol to catch the 858 bus?

Genoa, Italy
2. Re: King's Day in Keukenhof

If we are already in the center, we can take the bus 197 from Leidseplein or Museumplein - depending on where we are. Although that maybe could be a bit of a problem because of the crowd?

Otherwise, since our accommodation is near Rembrandtpark, we can get to Schiphol by train from Lelylaan. Any better suggestions?

Thank you very much!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
3. Re: King's Day in Keukenhof

The 197 is normally diverted on KD, usually along the Overtoom but GVB have not posted the actual diversions yet.

Train from Lelylaan will be a good bit quicker.

Genoa, Italy
4. Re: King's Day in Keukenhof

Thank you very much, Ronaldo! :)

Reply to: King's Day in Keukenhof
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted