We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Utrecht and Delfi in one day

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 16
Utrecht and Delfi in one day

Is it possible to visit Utrecht and Delfi in one day and if yes in what order? Is it better to buy a day train pass or it is not worth it and easy to buy tickets as we go?

12 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
1. Re: Utrecht and Delfi in one day

Should not be an issue to visit both (from Amsterdam I presume) in a day.

Day pass will cost you about twice what single tickets will.

Haarlem, The...
reviews: 167
2. Re: Utrecht and Delfi in one day

You can use www.ns.nl to plan your train route, times and cost.

Amsterdam - Utrecht is 30min, Amsterdam - Delft and Utrecht - Delft 1 hour. I might do Delft first as it is smaller and Utrecht second, than you can have dinner/drinks in Utrecht and won't have a long way back to Amsterdam.

If you are already in the Netherlands before this day you can check if there is a cheap day train pass for sale at one of the chains (Kruidvat, Blokker, HEMA), they regularly have day passes for 15€.

Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Utrecht and Delfi in one day

How are the connections between Holland and Greece? :-)).

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 32
4. Re: Utrecht and Delfi in one day

I was just going to ask if you could ask the Oracle something for me while you are there :P... Aren't we cheeky haha

Edited: 8:18 am, March 30, 2014
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 16
5. Re: Utrecht and Delfi in one day

Thank you all for the help.Will go to Delf first and then continue to Utrecht. Sorry I mistype Delf on my first message:)

Winter Haven...
6. Re: Utrecht and Delfi in one day

D e l f t

Toronto, Canada
7. Re: Utrecht and Delfi in one day

Sorry for jumping in! I read AnnaNLCH mentioned "day train pass" and actually, I am very interested to buy that for our train day-trip from Amsterdam. I know Hema location, but where/what are the "Kruidvat, Blokker"? Is Euro 15 regular discounted price for it, or it varies? Any restrictions to buy and to use this cheap day train pass? Are they available for sale at these shops always??

Would much appreciate if AnnaNLCH or anyone gives further details on it? Thanks!!

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 59
8. Re: Utrecht and Delfi in one day

Hi, like my reply in our PM conversation already told you, those discounted tickets are not always available. It's a matter of luck (and having the time to go find them).

Edited: 3:06 am, April 01, 2014
Toronto, Canada
9. Re: Utrecht and Delfi in one day

Hi Cecile, I don't get what you meant: "like my reply in our PM conversation already told you" as it's my first time to ask the question about "day train pass". I guess you've mistaken me as somebody else ... but thanks for your feedback!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
10. Re: Utrecht and Delfi in one day

Hema, Blokker and Kruidvat are all just chains of shops. They have these offers on intermittently. AH supermarket also do these tickets occasionally.

Reply to: Utrecht and Delfi in one day
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted