We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going around Amsterdam in early May

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Going around Amsterdam in early May

Hi, I am travelling to Amsterdam as a couple around Apr 30 to May 3.

Shame on me that I don't ride a bike, I will really fall from a bike ...

What is better option, rent a car or public transport? in terms of total cost if we travel to several tourist spots and carrying luggage around?

Igo, California
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: Going around Amsterdam in early May

Do NOT rent a car. You do not need or want one in Amsterdam.

Total costs depends entirely on what you want to spend and where you want to go. Could you give some details on your plans?

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
10,038 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Going around Amsterdam in early May

Your post is not all that clear.

Are you staying in Amsterdam for those few short days ?

Are you suggesting you will be staying in other cites as well during those few short days?

If you are staying in Amsterdam then I do not see where carrying around luggage comes into play except for getting from airport to hotel.

No car. Never a car. That is the easy one.

As for Amsterdam itself I find the best transportation option is walking, followed by more walking, followed by lots of walking and then at least one tram ride when I get tired.

You may opt for more tram and less walking.

3. Re: Going around Amsterdam in early May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 29, 2015