We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family with 2 kids looking for hotel recommendations

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 4
Family with 2 kids looking for hotel recommendations

Wife and I are traveling to Amsterdam this summer and will be bringing our 9 year old daughter and 7 year old son. We are looking for a hotel that is kid friendly, clean, centrally located and preferably costs no more than $350 USD / night. Usually when we travel, all four of us sleep in the same room, but from what I understand, rooms in Amsterdam tend to be smaller and may not accommodate an extra folding bed (or two).

We plan to spend as much time exploring Amsterdam as possible, so we don't need a lot of amenities within the hotel itself.

I've contacted some hotels via email and they have suggested getting 2 adjoining rooms. Unfortunately the quotes I've received have been upwards of $800/night for 2 adjoining rooms which is quite a bit more than I'd like to spend.

Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Positano, Italy
reviews: 39
1. Re: Family with 2 kids looking for hotel recommendations

Marriott Amsterdam has family rooms , good location near Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Vondelpark etc. Definitely large enough.

Positano, Italy
reviews: 39
2. Re: Family with 2 kids looking for hotel recommendations

Part of my post is missing...

Recently heard about two large familyrooms in the Albus Grand Hotel albushotel.com/en/… don't know about price level.

Also check the last 20 pages or so from this thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k29065…

4-Star Hotel rooms in the centre for 2 star prices! In this case you could consider bidding or booking an express / secret hot rate for 2 rooms most likely within your budget. Take a look and decide if this works for you, ask questions if you have them!

Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Family with 2 kids looking for hotel recommendations

Also try the Marriott Renaissance.

In the end, anywhere in the central canal area works.

Edited: 2:30 pm, March 26, 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 6
4. Re: Family with 2 kids looking for hotel recommendations

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k29065…

Two double rooms in a well located close in 4 star

Depending on dates the total bill should be no more than $200 a night for both rooms. Depending on dates maybe less.

Reply to: Family with 2 kids looking for hotel recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted