We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schiphol to Eindhoven

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
pune
Level Contributor
43 posts
Schiphol to Eindhoven

I will be reaching Schiphol on Sunday at 8 p.m. I need to take a taxi from the airport to Eindhoven. Do I need to book a taxi in advance or can I get one at Schiphol? From where are taxis available? How much would I need to pay approximately? Can anyone recommend a reliable taxi service. Thanks!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
38,178 posts
146 reviews
1. Re: Schiphol to Eindhoven

Hi there,

Why would you need a cab, costing upto 150-200 euro, for this? Enough trains, though after 9 PM you need to transfer in Utrecht (easy, just cross the platform or even stay on same platform). Train cost 19.20 euro per person, and train station is directly underneath the airport. See www.ns.nl for the travel details.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

pune
Level Contributor
43 posts
2. Re: Schiphol to Eindhoven

Thanks Erik! I will be carrying some luggage and I would prefer taking a taxi (despite the huge price difference). I have a few meetings scheduled for the next day so I don't want to wear myself out:-)

UK
Level Contributor
2,962 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: Schiphol to Eindhoven

I think it's mad (considering this is the country with probably THE best train system in Europe) but each to their own.

No, you won't have to prebook - just go to the taxi rank outside (and watch the driver rub his hands in glee...). This is based on personal experience - we once took a taxi from Schiphol to Utrecht (not because we wanted to - but because there were no trains after a major fire. Our insurance paid for it!)

4. Re: Schiphol to Eindhoven

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 28, 2015