We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Hotel for family near Central Station?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 15
Budget Hotel for family near Central Station?

Hello

Any recommendation for a family of 4, with convenient transportation to fro airport? Safe area & clean beds.

Budget: perhaps more or less €150 per night ?

Thanks

19 replies to this topic
Kuala Lumpur...
1. Re: Budget Hotel for family near Central Station?

It's for June 14 :)

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 32
2. Re: Budget Hotel for family near Central Station?

No need to restrict yourself to area around central Station. Due to the nature of the city, its compact size and excellent public trans network no place is far or difficult to get yourself to the central station or one of the locations where you can pick up bus 197 to the airport. I'll leave it to other to come up with specific hotel suggestions. Have you tried Booking.com or similar yet?

Kuala Lumpur...
3. Re: Budget Hotel for family near Central Station?

Been checking Triipadvisors and Agoda, i need one that is not far from train station so v could easily manoeuvre with our luggages once v board the train from Schiphol.

I guess it's not easy to train and tram w luggages and 2 kids.

Thank you.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 8
4. Re: Budget Hotel for family near Central Station?

Cabs you can use them. For a short ride to from the train station to hotel will not be a deal breaker $$ wise.

The express bus might be a better easier option to get into town if you are staying in other areas not near the train station.

A budget hotel normally means small rooms, no lift, steep stairs.

The one I have stayed in a lot------and I survived quite well------is the Hotel Crystal. In a lovely very quiet area but not out of the way from interesting lively areas you will want to see. A basic two star.

A 5 min easy walk from the express bus stop.

What age are the kids?

Instead of a budget hotel with no lift steep stairs over priced for what you get you may want to check out our nearly 300 page 4 star bidding thread.

You could likely or nearly get two 4 star double rooms for your budget. No doubt you can get one and way below your target budget. One if the kids are small would work for me.

Kuala Lumpur...
5. Re: Budget Hotel for family near Central Station?

Txs. Just checked Crystal is not available for my

dates.

'300 pages 4 star bidding thread' ???

My kids r 10 & 12.

Txs

Positano, Italy
reviews: 39
6. Re: Budget Hotel for family near Central Station?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k29065…

This is the thread John is refering to. So you would need to bid two rooms given the age of your children.

Take a look at it and ask if you have any questions.

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 1
7. Re: Budget Hotel for family near Central Station?

What Jumeirah said. Just look at the last ten pages to get an idea about the winning prices.

Also read this link about bidding

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188590-c115136/Amste…

It basically comes down to that for your budget of 150 euro you can get two 2 persons rooms in a four star hotel in the centre of the city.

Again, like Lenny said, the city is compact and you don't have to limit yourself to a certain area.

liverpool, england
reviews: 164
8. Re: Budget Hotel for family near Central Station?

Take a look at the hotel meininger - it is very close to Slotterdijk train station (which is on the route from Schipol to centraal) and it has 4 beded rooms.

Kuala Lumpur...
9. Re: Budget Hotel for family near Central Station?

I just checked on Priceline as suggested by John & Jumeirah..

I'm confused and wasn't comfortable that I need to key in my credit card details before bidding??

Hotels in City Centre are close to Central Station?

Or Central Canal areas better for our family going there f a short trip?

For USD75 per room per night, what is my best possible bid? A 3 star or 4 star? Sorry I'm totally new to this idea..

Thank you.

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 32
10. Re: Budget Hotel for family near Central Station?

Regarding keying in your credit card number before bidding: You can't bid without that because if your bid is accepted, the room is yours and the card is charged. You don't get to hear that your bid is accepted with the question if you want it. You bid, you win, your card is charged, the room is yours. You do not need to be concerned that something untoward will be done with your card information. Its only there because by bidding you have committed yourself to the room IF your bid is accepted. If your bid is not accepted nothing happens with your card info.

City Centre is the area most surrounding the Central Station. I think the Central Canal area is nicer to stay in. But you are mixing apples and oranges - one is closer and which is better is a subjective question. Better for what? Not better for distance to Central Station. Better if you want to be in the canal belt.

Reply to: Budget Hotel for family near Central Station?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted