We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best houseboat for a couple in Amsterdam

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Best houseboat for a couple in Amsterdam

Hey all,

My partner and I are staying in Amsterdam for 3-4 nights from the 6th June. I have been before and would really like to stay in a houseboat this time. There are so many, how to choose which is the best. A few requirements...

* I'd like to have privacy. Ie not share with others and not have the owner coming each morning for breakfast etc. So not really a B&B arrangement

* central please, still very close to the main buzz of Amsterdam

* not overly priced! We are still budget travellers.

Other than that, I'm not overly fussed. We will be staying in private rooms at Hostels for some of our other travels, so basic is not a problem.

Thanks in advance!

Donna

5 replies to this topic
Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 17
1. Re: Best houseboat for a couple in Amsterdam

Houseboathotel.nl is a good start along with Frederic.nl. They both offer private accommodations with plenty of privacy.

Melbourne, Australia
2. Re: Best houseboat for a couple in Amsterdam

Thank you! I have had a look on houseboathotel.nl previously. There are just so many to choose from. Have you stayed on any you could recommend? I'll check out the other site too.

Wake Forest, North...
reviews: 11
3. Re: Best houseboat for a couple in Amsterdam

Donna,

The houseboats that I have stayed at were for 4 people. Therefore a bit pricey. We never had any owners bopping in. We stayed in one where the owners boat was moored to ours, but it was not really an issue, though less than private.

This is a boat that my wife and I wanted to stay at, but it was booked. It is in a great location and seems pretty private.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/820570

Good luck.

new york
reviews: 26
4. Re: Best houseboat for a couple in Amsterdam

We stayed two weeks on Little Bear. It was very well located near the university, easy to walk all over the city.

The price was reasonable and the accommodations extremely comfortable for two people. The owner was great to work with and not at all intrusive. Highly recommended.

New York City, New...
reviews: 7
5. Re: Best houseboat for a couple in Amsterdam

there is amsterdam stay,, vrbo , apartment unlimited amsterdam, man many more site ,, google is your best friend for finding a boat, but without a budget its hard for anyone on here to recommend one

peace matty

Reply to: Best houseboat for a couple in Amsterdam
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted