We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam in September

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England, United...
reviews: 33
Amsterdam in September

I've recently returned back from an amazing 2 days in Amsterdam, and we've rebooked to go back September 10th - 14th.

Wondering what the weather tends to be like mid september? it wasn't that cold on the weekend, and websites say the average is 15C+ but i'd rather someone who's been in september tell me!

Also, we spent most our time on the red light district last time, any other places with bars and stuff to go to?

13 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
reviews: 7
1. Re: Amsterdam in September

always bring somethign for the rain, and in sept i wuld bring a stuff to layer light jacket,, sweater,, but always bring rain gear always :)

www.flickr.com/photos/amsmatty

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam
2. Re: Amsterdam in September

It can be sunny and warm, but it can also be cold and rainy! Just like in England. It is about the same climate.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
3. Re: Amsterdam in September

I hope you already have accommodation as the IBC is on then. The weather will be very similar to the UK as it is most times of the year.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 6
4. Re: Amsterdam in September

If you don't have a hotel already nailed down you will want to check hotel rates before you book your flight.

You have picked the most expensive hotel dates of the year

Bone chilling bad as far as $$$$$$$$.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
5. Re: Amsterdam in September

ive been the whole month of september..and my september was very nice..warmish days..not to bad at night..light jacket at most. some rain here and there..not bad.

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 50
6. Re: Amsterdam in September

Basically the same weather as London. Can be any weather type or even 4 seasons in a day. But the last couple of years September was often better than (rainy) August. But that doesn't tell you anything about what it will be like in 2014.

Get an apartment if hotels are too expensive (which they will be). But don't be surprised if the apartment is canceled... Good chance the owner finds out about the huge IBC conference and prefers to rent it out for 4 times the original price. Or move your dates.

Milford, Ohio
reviews: 84
7. Re: Amsterdam in September

What is the IBC (post #3)? I booked a trip from Sept 5 - Sept 9. I have hotel reservations but if this is a bad time, I can certainly change the dates.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 6
8. Re: Amsterdam in September

amsterdam.org/en/event/47/ibc-amsterdam.html

Kim, you missed the IBC by a few days.

Lucky you

Liverpool, United...
reviews: 24
9. Re: Amsterdam in September

Check the weather forecast 7 days before you go.. you'll get a general idea then. 3 days before will give a 90% correct forecast. On the day will give 100% correct info ;)

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
10. Re: Amsterdam in September

that is why in my post i said "my september"..if you dont like the weather in amsterdam, wait 10 minutes..as said, check weather just before you pack.

Reply to: Amsterdam in September
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted