We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

quirky / canal-side accommodation

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
quirky / canal-side accommodation

Hi

My friend and I are staying an additional 2 nights in Amsterdam post Contiki, we had booked through the agent at the WestCord Fashion Hotel - but the incorrect dates were entered and there are now none available for the dates we are going :(

I have since scoured through numerous hotels on TripAdvisor and have found that quite a few have a minimum 3 nights stay.

I am after a quirky, preferably in the canal ring, accommodation of reasonable comfort (we would have been in hostels etc for 33 days so it will be nice to have some feel of luxury!) and within walking/cycling/accessible public transport from the central/rld/museum areas so we can enjoy the nightlife too and safely return to the hotel.

Any suggestions would be most welcome! We are looking at Oct9 - 11th 2014.

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 32
1. Re: quirky / canal-side accommodation

I think you need to recheck or use something like booking.com. For hotels versus some B&Bs or apartments a 3 day minimum is extremely extremely rare. So rare that I have never heard of that (maybe during a select couple major conventions).

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 8
2. Re: quirky / canal-side accommodation

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k29065…

Without a hint of your $$$ budget it's hard to give advice on particular hotels. Also what is quirky to you? No lift? Old?

And canal side? Canals are all over Amsterdam. And many hotels that sit on or near canals have rooms with no view or no canal view.

All those days in budget hostels if it were me I'd be looking at that link above.

Your call

Edited: 8:43 am, March 11, 2014
Perth, Australia
3. Re: quirky / canal-side accommodation

quirky as in something a bit out of the norm...décor wise

budget is not an issue at this stage - or I would have mentioned one

Stairs are not an issue or I would have mentioned I was after a place with an elevator

I should have clarified with canal-side meaning with a view...otherwise I'd be looking in central and not bothering to look in the canal ring

Perth, Australia
4. Re: quirky / canal-side accommodation

surprisingly on coolamsterdamapartments.com it actually states "Did you know... most of our properties have a minimum stay of 3 nights!"

will try booking.com

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
reviews: 4
5. Re: quirky / canal-side accommodation

With that budget, I would consider the Dylan.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 8
6. Re: quirky / canal-side accommodation

ihg.com/intercontinental/…hoteldetail

Well here is the one you may want. Well within your budget and sits on the water.

Perth, Australia
7. Re: quirky / canal-side accommodation

many thanks

will look into these

Positano, Italy
reviews: 39
8. Re: quirky / canal-side accommodation

This suite gives you views over most canals, budgetwise it should be no problem. Just below 13K a night! and Quirky!!

okura.nl/kamers-en-suites/suites/the-suite/

Edited: 4:17 am, March 12, 2014
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
9. Re: quirky / canal-side accommodation

The Waldorf Astoria opens on the Herengracht July 1st

…hilton.com/en/…index.html

The Art'otel by Centraal Station, Toren or Sebastian also good choices.

RHONDDA VALLEY'S...
10. Re: quirky / canal-side accommodation

Hello Lozza, please check Damcity.com for quirky canal side accomodations.

(these are all smoking allowed apartments though still very clean, i don't know how you feel about that)

The extreme cribs are the one's i have stayed in, they have canal views from either & one has a small balcony too. They are all private with bathrooms & kitchenettes etc.

Right in the thick of the RLD opposite the Oude (old) Church (very beautiful to wake up to every day)

& all bars / shops / restuarants. Never found a better spot yet for the price !

E-mail the owner Duke if your interested, he should be able to help you.