We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family group trying to find place to stay

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jacksonville...
family group trying to find place to stay

We are flying into Amsterdam in May. There are six of us in our group. We are staying in Amsterdam for two nights and would like to stay together, especially to save money. We will not have a car but will be using public transportation. Can anyone tell me a good place to stay either in Amsterdam or close enough to see some of the sights while using the public transportation? We could split up with three in each room if that would work better. While looking through hotels and vacation homes there have been some but I don't know if they are in a good location. Any help would be appreciated!!

9 replies to this topic
Positano, Italy
reviews: 39
1. Re: family group trying to find place to stay

Hi Susan, In order to give you any good advise we need to know your budget.

Just to give an example, the Stayokay Hostel located at the Vondelpark has rooms for 6-persons, their website states that prices start from 121 euro. stayokay.com/nl/hostel/amsterdam-vondelpark

Edited: 6:28 pm, March 10, 2014
Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 53
2. Re: family group trying to find place to stay

On the top right of the page you will find Top Questions. For example about location/ which area to stay, hotel suggestions etc.

Positano, Italy
3. Re: family group trying to find place to stay

Also please inform us for example about:

Private or shared bathroom

Hotel with elevator or steep stairs

Children yes or no etc

Jacksonville...
4. Re: family group trying to find place to stay

Thank you so much for the replies. It is ten adults and we are family so we can share a bathroom. Also stairs are not an issue for anyone in our group. We are on a budget so I wold like to find something that we could split the cost on. If we get seperate rooms I would like to get something for around $100.00 a night. Thanks again for the help!

Amsterdam, The...
5. Re: family group trying to find place to stay

See the Top Questions...

Positano, Italy
6. Re: family group trying to find place to stay

I think that you will have to look at hostels. I am not familiar with hostels but the St Christopher's at Winston hotels seems to be ok: tripadvisor.com/…UR194235857 located near the RLD in the centre. This attracts ofcourse a variety of people.

I do think that when you book a large room in a hostel that it's likely to have bulkbeds. It depands on your company if staying in a hostel is a good idea or not. If I had to stay in one I would go for the first one I posted.

Amsterdam, The...
7. Re: family group trying to find place to stay

While not all that central, it might be fun to stay at Camping Zeeburg, for example in one of their (heated) wagonettes or cabins. www.campingzeeburg.nl

In summer they also have live music performances.

A 15-20 minute tram ride takes you to the center.

Edited: 12:35 pm, March 11, 2014
Jacksonville...
8. Re: family group trying to find place to stay

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I think I' going to have to scratch Amsterdam because it is too expensive. I am now looking in Dusseldorf and areas around it.

Amsterdam, The...
9. Re: family group trying to find place to stay

Are you sure you have read the Top Questions...?

Reply to: family group trying to find place to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted