We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any discounts for Keukenhof?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia, PA
reviews: 542
Any discounts for Keukenhof?

I'm planning on visiting the Amsterdam area with my family of 5 (2 adults and 3 children, ages 12, 15 and 17) for about 3 days next month. Among other sites, we'd like to visit the Keukenhof Gardens. My wife and I had visited many years ago, and we know the gardens are quite nice. But looking at admission prices, it would seem like it would cost my family 15 euro x 5. I know the US dollar is currently weak in Europe, but that garden visit would cost my family over US$100. That sure seems expensive!

Does anyone know of any discount we could use? I see that the garden participates in the HollandPass program, but that pass seems pretty darn expensive for a family, too. Thanks

19 replies to this topic
The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Lisse
reviews: 9
1. Re: Any discounts for Keukenhof?

Next to the Holland pass you can also buy a combination ticket (entrance and bus from airport or Amsterdam). This give you a small discount if you are planning to buy tickets and transport separately. see the visitors guide: tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g188553-c132284/The-Ne…

Previous years there has been some vouchers ( i.e. 2,50 euro discount) when you bought a magazine, booked a hotel room or bought some flowers. But when you are traveling from Amsterdam you have the same discount when you buy the combination ticket. At this moment I am not aware of any other discounts for 2014.

you can also bring your own drinks and snacks to the Keukenhof and picknick next to the windmill. (and save some money on snacks and drinks)

Nina

Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Any discounts for Keukenhof?

Just think. Disney World is $99 a day now for a one park pass for one person. :-))

And you can't take food and drink in.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 72
3. Re: Any discounts for Keukenhof?

www.keukenhof.nl/en/775/entrance-2014.html

Kids are €9 each not €15 so that will save you something. They really should do a family ticket or something but Dutch attractions are not very imaginative when it comes to things like that.

Maybe if you looked at the Holland pass, say the 5 voucher one, you could use the 2 golden tulips for entrance, leaving you three windmills which you can use for a canal trip, the Scheepvaart and also a 24 hour GVB pass.

You would have to 100% check that you can share the vouchers. You could in the past but they keep changing the rules for these things. Sometimes difficult to keep up.

Also new this year you can get a 24 hour Region pass which will get you to and from the K'hoff plus transport in Amsterdam and beyond.

iamsterdam.com/en-GB/…region-day-ticket

It will only cost you 50cents more than the combi ticket from Amsterdam and you get a lot more for your money.

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Lisse
4. Re: Any discounts for Keukenhof?

Entrance fees Keukenhof 2014 (tickets at the entrance)

Adults (incl 65+) €15,00 per person

Children (0-3 years) Free

Children (4-11 years) €7,50 per person

With children of 12, 15 and 17 y.o. they pay the full price.

See the website of the Keukenhof: www.keukenhof.nl/en/775/entrance-2014.html

Nina

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
5. Re: Any discounts for Keukenhof?

Hmm.. it says

Schoolchildren (>10)(12-17 years) €9,00 per person

Am I missing something Nienke? Or does that mean for groups of kids greater than 10?

Edited: 3:59 pm, March 10, 2014
The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Lisse
6. Re: Any discounts for Keukenhof?

Ronaldo you missed the (>10) This means you have to find 10 or more children in this age group and you have to tell them that it is a schooltrip before you get this price.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
7. Re: Any discounts for Keukenhof?

What a crock of 5hit that is. Oh well back to the drawing board for the OP. Thank for the correction.

Lisse, The...
reviews: 74
8. Re: Any discounts for Keukenhof?

When you book your tickets online you can use discount code "Beursactie2014". This code gives you a discount of € 1,50 each person. I'am not sure if it's also usable for children but I suppose it's only for adult tickets.

Philadelphia, PA
reviews: 542
9. Re: Any discounts for Keukenhof?

Thanks. As I suspected, there doesn't seem to be a decent family discount.

It's a shame. Tourist attractions should be more creative about these things. If you're just a couple, 15 euros is a lot, but plausible. 75 euro for a family to walk around a garden -- even a very nice garden like Keukenhof -- is a bit ridiculous. For the life of me, I can't understand why you'd stop the kids discount at 11. Do older students somehow have more money to spend? :)

We have our own vehicle, so we could obviously pay zero dollars and just tour the bulb fields. But I'd like to visit Keukenhof. I'd also like to not have to pay $100 to do so!

Edited: 10:38 pm, March 10, 2014
Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
10. Re: Any discounts for Keukenhof?

<75 euro for a family to walk around a garden -- even a very nice garden like Keukenhof -- is a bit ridiculous>

Well, believe it or not they are usually pretty crowded especially if the weather is nice.

Reply to: Any discounts for Keukenhof?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted