We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi company for transportation from airport to hotel

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rogers, Arkansas
reviews: 141
Taxi company for transportation from airport to hotel

We are arriving in Amsterdam May 8 at 11 a.m. and would like to book transportation from airport to our hotel. I realize taking the train would be cheaper, but with our luggage, we would feel more comfortable with a taxi.

When we visited London , we booked with a taxi company ahead of time. Is there a recommendation anyone has for a company in Amsterdam? I have reviews of the connexion airport shuttle - but they weren't very positive.

Thank you

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
1. Re: Taxi company for transportation from airport to hotel

Just walk outside and take a cab. No worries, no hassle about booking or finding the driver.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
2. Re: Taxi company for transportation from airport to hotel

as ron said..and when time to return to airport you can book a cab to airport..TCA taxis are reliable and prompt..call 020-7777777. should cost about €45

Rogers, Arkansas
3. Re: Taxi company for transportation from airport to hotel

Thank you!!

Rogers, Arkansas
4. Re: Taxi company for transportation from airport to hotel

Thank you!

Rogers, Arkansas
5. Re: Taxi company for transportation from airport to hotel

I read somewhere that taxi drivers were paid by the hour and seem to be reputable as to not attempting to take the longest route, is that correct?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 60
6. Re: Taxi company for transportation from airport to hotel

Hi -

I don't know about being paid by the hour but they are reputable. We have never had a problem and I've been here now for over 15 years. We ALWAYS take a cab to and from the airport.

Enjoy!! MMK

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
7. Re: Taxi company for transportation from airport to hotel

Also never been ripped off from the airport. connexxion cab drivers are paid by the company not by the fare. Maybe some others are too but have never noticed any price difference.

Taxi-electric have fixed fares and if they happen to have a cab waiting after a drop off then you get a special rate. Otherwise they charge as per this

taxielectric.nl/schiphol-airport/schiphol-pr… so 45 euros to Banks Mansion but a regular cab will be around the same unless it hits really bad traffic which I doubt at 11am

8. Re: Taxi company for transportation from airport to hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, March 13, 2015