We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Days in Amsterdam

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jersey City, New...
reviews: 1
3 Days in Amsterdam

Hi All,

We are reaching Amsterdam on 10th May and leaving for Italy on 14th May which leaves us 3 days in Ams to visit. Could you please help with below plan we have in mind -

we would like to see the windmills, Keukenhof Gardens and Tulip Fields, red light district, canal cruise for sure. Also may be want to visit model village, delft and rotterdam for seeing cubehouse. So keeping that in mind we buit below itenary –

Reach AMS on 10th May and relax. .

1. Day 1 (11th May) - take a tour via Viator to visit model village, windmills, delft and Rotterdam. I am still confused is it too much to see in one day?

2. Day 2(12th May) - visit Keukenhof Gardens and Tulip Fields early morning and comeback by late afternoon. After a quick rest we would like to take a canal cruise in night and visit Red-light district.

3. Day 3 (13th May) - Visit local markets, Dam Sq, Heineken visit and relax. We would like to book a boat stay for this night. Could you please suggest any online booking site for same?

Fly to Venice on 14th May …

I am still in very early stage of planning so any suggestions of the itenary or any places i missed would be a great help.

5 replies to this topic
Rocky Mount, North...
reviews: 2
1. Re: 3 Days in Amsterdam

Unfortunately there is an very good chance that the tulip fields will be well past peak by that time this year as the spring weather is coming earlier. See the Flower Update 2014 thread...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k72585…

Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
2. Re: 3 Days in Amsterdam

After day one you are going to be too worn out for days two and three.

Cape May, New Jersey
3. Re: 3 Days in Amsterdam

You are doing too much each day. For day 1, forget about everything else and spend the day in Delft. Wonderful visit with plenty to see and do. If you go on market day, it is even better. You can take the train from Amsterdam.

Wake Forest, North...
reviews: 11
4. Re: 3 Days in Amsterdam

I couldn't imagine fitting all that in for your first day. I usually stay 5-7 days and I would feel that there would be no time to relax with your schedule even on a longer visit. Have not been to Delft, I am sure it's wonderful. But 3 days and to be leaving the city on two of them? No way for my taste. Houseboats are a great experience, but they are a bit expensive and usually have a 3 night minimum. I'm sure you could inquire with several and could find someone to rent to you for one night. And……go have a Heineken in a brown bar instead of the Heineken experience. That would give you more time just wondering and enjoying yourself.

Good luck.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 59
5. Re: 3 Days in Amsterdam

Hi -

I agree with Jim J this is way too much. I would stay in Amsterdam myself and explore our beautiful city. You only have 3 days! But that's me.

Enjoy - MMK

Reply to: 3 Days in Amsterdam
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted