We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Van Gogh Muesum - lines?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond Hill...
Van Gogh Muesum - lines?

Might choose to skip this attraction, therefore I do not plan on buying a ticket online in advance. Is there anywhere I can buy the ticket in Amsterdam to avoid the line? What are the ticket lines like at the Van Gogh Museum, I will be in Amsterdam in April.

Thanks.

Ho Chi Minh City...
reviews: 55
1. Re: Van Gogh Muesum - lines?

The first time visiting Amsterdam, I was at a hotel a block away from that museum. Every morning and afternoon for a week I passed it en route to sightseeing or going back to the hotel. There was always a long line it seemed for ticket purchases. Based on a previous post, it doesn't sound like you're that excited about art museums, and that's OK. Don't go if you don't think you'll enjoy it to the max as you're only in town for short 3 days. When I finally went to visit the Van Gogh museum, I enjoyed it, but it was crowded and not as delightful as I thought. I had seen Van Gogh paintings in other museums. If I had to choose between it and the Rijksmuseum, I'd go with the latter. You'll get a better feeling for the Netherlands historically at the Rijks.

I'm not sure where exactly you can buy tickets. Your hotel might have them. The Hotel Fita, where I stayed, sold them, but not many other places do. You can always buy them online while you're there.

Canada
reviews: 56
2. Re: Van Gogh Muesum - lines?

When we went to VG, there was a very long line for those with online tickets waiting for the 3 pm time.

No line for walk ups without tickets. So who knows what happens on a particular day.

Also found it odd that they still allow photography.

Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Van Gogh Muesum - lines?

If you're going to be there the week between Easter and King's day I don't think you will want to go.

4. Re: Van Gogh Muesum - lines?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, March 12, 2015