We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam market open early ?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cairo, Egypt
reviews: 3
Amsterdam market open early ?

Hello

I will arrive Amsterdam at early morning (7 AM ) on Friday April 4th

i wounder if there is any open market ( flea or something ) that open around this time ? so i can spend couple of hours before going to the hotel ?

if no market available, any other plans for early morning ?

thanks

6 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 33
1. Re: Amsterdam market open early ?

Markets start setting up around 8 or 8.30AM or so and get going around or a bit past 9 AM I would say. You probably would be well served to go to your hotel first at least to drop your bags and to ask if your room could be ready earlier than the official check in time. If you land right on time, it will probably be 8.30AM before you get to your hotel anyways. Then you can head out and explore the slowly wakening city.

Cairo, Egypt
reviews: 3
2. Re: Amsterdam market open early ?

Thanks lennybruce, the hotel is fully booked , so i plan to drop the bag in the central station and be free without it

so nothing available before 8:30 ?

Amsterdam, The...
3. Re: Amsterdam market open early ?

Where's your hotel? Depending on its location you may still be better off dropping your bags there without having to wait to drop them off and wait to pick them up at Central Station. And depending on where the hotel is then maybe there's something nice open for coffee etc nearby. Then by 9.30AM you can head off to the Albert Cuyp market or something else that interests you.

Amsterdam, The...
4. Re: Amsterdam market open early ?

In case you miss this discussion going on now about storage lockers at Central Station. Helpful info: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k72593…

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
5. Re: Amsterdam market open early ?

Amsterdam is not an early morning city. Even getting breakfast at 0700 is a challenge. You could drop your bag at the airport and go to the flower auctions in Aalsmeer. Otherwise you will be wandering around aimlessly until 0900.

Amsterdam, The...
6. Re: Amsterdam market open early ?

Wandering aimlessly until 9 AM.. come on Ronaldo you make it sound so 'Kafkaesque' hahaha. If the fellow is coming by air which I assume and one's plane touches down at 7 AM, what time will one generally make it into the city? Probably not before 8.15 - 8.30 or so. So the aimless wandering until 9 AM is not such a drama... don't frighten the fellow haha :P.. .

Reply to: Amsterdam market open early ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted