We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

distance to Riijksmusem

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reno, Nevada
distance to Riijksmusem

We are arriving at the Movenpick hotel in AMs prior to departing on a river cruise, would like to visit the riijksmuseum before we go to the ship. How far is it from the hotel and what is the best way to get there?

10 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam
reviews: 1
1. Re: distance to Riijksmusem

You can see all this on google maps.

http://goo.gl/maps/dx0jC

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 57
2. Re: distance to Riijksmusem

Best way to get there: www.9292.nl/en (spell it 'Rijksmuseum' if you want to find it).

Or take a taxi.

Reno, Nevada
3. Re: distance to Riijksmusem

As an American senior citizen, not computer savvy, interested in visiting your counry, I find the responses not helpfu but actually somewhat rude. Can't I just ask the actual distance and ease of visiting a certain place?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
4. Re: distance to Riijksmusem

Tram 26 to Central station then tram 2 or 5. Taxi around 12 euros.

To be fair from your original post how can anyone tell how old you are and how computer savvy you are. You seem to be savvy enough to find this site, log in and post a question but not savvy enough to click on the links provided which will give you a map of how to get there and directions by car and public transport and even how far a walk it is so not rude at all.

It is also rude and bad mannered of you to ask a question without a please or thank you. Manners still get you a long way in this world. I am sure as an elderly american you will appreciate that . Thank you.

Reno, Nevada
5. Re: distance to Riijksmusem

OK, Sorry if I came off as being rude but the link that was given was not in english. I just thought someone could just tell me the distance and not make such a big deal out of it.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
6. Re: distance to Riijksmusem

OK let's kiss and make up and be nice to each other from now on. Its about a 3.5km walk (about 2 miles) and about 3.5 miles by cab. so a bit far to walk and to close to fly :-).

Dunno why the links went to Dutch for you as one is a map (google maps) and the other is definitely in english

Winter Haven...
7. Re: distance to Riijksmusem

Both links came up in English for me. The map showed the exact route and distances.

8. Re: distance to Riijksmusem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 am, March 06, 2014

Winter Haven...
9. Re: distance to Riijksmusem

Cecile -

Is that why you removed your post on her other thread? :-))

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 57
10. Re: distance to Riijksmusem

;-) @Ddavis

Three suggestions that probably wouldn't be appreciated.

Reply to: distance to Riijksmusem
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted