We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun things to do in DAM, not just RLD + Coffe Shop :)

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Prague, Czech...
Fun things to do in DAM, not just RLD + Coffe Shop :)

Hi all,

I am comming to Amsterdam with my friends in two weeks for three days and am looking for some tips, what to do, apart from the usual google answers "Red Light, Coffee shop, Van Gogh Museum" in Dam.

The truth is, we will be high as kuyts for most of the time there, so I am looking for some real and active thing, which we would enjoy ourselfs doing. I allready know, that Ajax is away on that weekend and I couldnt find any trance or techno events either (14 - 16 March - just no house or pop suggestions please :))

Anyone has any idea, what would be fun to do? Take this as an inspiration, but I am open to any ideas :) http://www.arcadehry.cz/homepage

Thanks a lot for any tips, I will be looking forward to hearing from anyone who knows, what I mean.

Have a nice day!

Lukáš

14 replies to this topic
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 8
1. Re: Fun things to do in DAM, not just RLD + Coffe Shop :)

" open to any ideas"

I assume you are new to this forum?

Yes the RLD may be old hat but what about a guided informative walking tour of the RLD? Something that is still on my to do list.

Unusual? Maybe not so much but I want to at least see what SamePlace looks like. I have read about it for decades. You can google same place to see if that floats your boat.

It's hard to think of much since you already stole our normal suggestion of copious amounts of coffeeshop product.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
2. Re: Fun things to do in DAM, not just RLD + Coffe Shop :)

i usually do the "dam" just for RLD and weed..so i cannot think of anything to recommend

Edited: 1:33 pm, February 28, 2014
Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Fun things to do in DAM, not just RLD + Coffe Shop :)

You might try going to "Dam" (Square) and watch the pigeons.

Edited: 2:44 pm, February 28, 2014
Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 57
4. Re: Fun things to do in DAM, not just RLD + Coffe Shop :)

Well if you're high as kuyts (whatever that is) you may enjoy the Museum of Bags and Purses, the Sex Museum, Kattenkabinet, Nemo science museum and play with buttons and build bridges; a guided bike tour (poor guide though), a photo shoot at the big I amsterdam letters on Museumplein, ice skating on Jaap Eden ice rink and having typically Dutch food and drinks at Skeeve Skaes afterwards; paddling around on a canal bike (but mind the commercial canal boats which have - and will take - right of way)....

The guests I've had that got really high, weren't up for much else but sleeping (and that at 8pm, sigh), so try to take it slow on the weed at first and see what it does.

You're only just missing the "5 days off" electronic music/ dance festival, can't you change your dates?

Cecilia

Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Maryland
reviews: 2
5. Re: Fun things to do in DAM, not just RLD + Coffe Shop :)

The Madame Tussaud's wax museum is close by that's good for quite a few laughs. The Heineken brewery may appeal, beer at the conclusion. Or take the free boat ferry from the back of Central Station across the River. Hire bikes, but stay in Vondelpark & Museumplein where there is no car traffic.

If you are bored in Amsterdam then it's by choice .

Enjoy !

Sunny

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
6. Re: Fun things to do in DAM, not just RLD + Coffe Shop :)

kuyts must be czech for kite

Amsterdam, The...
7. Re: Fun things to do in DAM, not just RLD + Coffe Shop :)

Ah right, now I get it... we say things like "high als een vlaamse papegaai" (high like a flemish parrot, don't ask me whyyyy)

Amsterdam, The...
8. Re: Fun things to do in DAM, not just RLD + Coffe Shop :)

I can recommend this particular club night. Really good fun for you boys

www.clubchurch.nl/parties/zonderbroek.shtml

Amsterdam, The...
9. Re: Fun things to do in DAM, not just RLD + Coffe Shop :)

P.S. Club Trouw probably comes close to your music taste.

Friday 14th: trouwamsterdam.nl/nl/… (listen to the youtube video for a sample)

Saturday 15th: trouwamsterdam.nl/nl/… It will only exist until the end of the year so grab your chance to go there. It's a nightclub in the former pressing room of a newspaper, very industrial feel and nice crowd.

www.9292.nl/en to plan public transport.

Edited: 8:07 pm, February 28, 2014
Prague, Czech...
10. Re: Fun things to do in DAM, not just RLD + Coffe Shop :)

Right, I guess I should have checked my spelling first before actually posting this, but that would be kites indeed, thanks for the correction :). And also thank you for the tips and clubs, it looks promising.

MRJohnMd: Yop, you assume that one correctly sir.

Dani T: So I guess you are a regular, looking for some fresh meat?

Reply to: Fun things to do in DAM, not just RLD + Coffe Shop :)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted