We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recs for a stag weekend

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 37
Hotel recs for a stag weekend

Hi all,

My fiance is planning on having his stag do in Amsterdam, and I've been tasked with helping with the flights and hotel (lucky me!), but not being familiar with Amsterdam I don't know where to start, and was hoping someone here could point me in the right direction.

The criteria is:

Reasonably priced; no more than £50 pp per night and ideally closer to £40 pp per night

Clean

Centrally located (ie within easy reach of decent bars)

En suite bathrooms

Twin rooms if possible

They're not interested in hostels or larger rooms (ie for 4 people). I had thought about apartment rentals but am unsure if they would rent out to a group on a stag do, plus I have no idea where to start; hotels are more my forte.

Any help would be very much appreciated! Also, if anyone can recommend any low-key bars/pubs, that would also be great; they're not really into clubbing or 'trendy' bars, and would prefer somewhere they can sit and chat over a beer.

Thanks!

11 replies to this topic
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 6
1. Re: Hotel recs for a stag weekend

How many people in the group?

Your ideal budget is approx $120 a night for a double room -----ensuite.

That will generally be an average 2 star. Maybe ensuite virtually no chance of a lift.

How many in the group will be important. Many small 2 stars will not be able to handle a request for more than a small handful of room. They do tend to be small.

An apt, a couple of apts, booking far enough in advance to score xx number of double rooms in a two star.

Those may be your best bets

How many and when are they going? Dates could be critical as well.

Congrats to you and yours

Edited: 12:40 pm, February 27, 2014
Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Hotel recs for a stag weekend

http://www.amstelbotel.nl/

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
3. Re: Hotel recs for a stag weekend

dd, centrally located within easy reach of bars?

That would rule out the Botel would it not?

Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Hotel recs for a stag weekend

John -

Centrally located

Close to bars

£40 budget

En suite

No hostels

No larger rooms

Stag do

I'm thinking I still have to see this. Just sayin'. :-))

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 50
5. Re: Hotel recs for a stag weekend

I see a huge niche in the market. Sort of a Hans Brinker but for stag do's. The only trouble could be getting the neighbors to agree to such a hotel. :-) (seeing as the big hostel on Weesperzijde is not going to get there after all, for example.)

Anyway, when my volleyball club wants to stay at the same hotel in some city in Europe with about 30 people we tend to end up in Ibis hotels. Simple yet effective, clean, affordable, and easy to book multiple rooms. You could try that one by Central Station... But some good searches sometimes end us up in even nicer hotels.

I'd leave out the fact that it's for a stag do. Imagine being the hotel owner... What would that make you think?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
6. Re: Hotel recs for a stag weekend

Well you do have a way of presenting things :-)

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
7. Re: Hotel recs for a stag weekend

If I was going to Amsterdam to celebrate my upcoming marriage, with friends, I would be booking a reunion of friends and family.

Not a stag do.

Stag dos are bad.

Reunions are good

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
8. Re: Hotel recs for a stag weekend

if i had a hotel i would welcome 30 female volleyball players with open arms.

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 50
9. Re: Hotel recs for a stag weekend

Maybe you should start one of those female-only hotels Steve. I heard the one in Amsterdam Bijlmer is doing quite well.

London, United...
reviews: 37
10. Re: Hotel recs for a stag weekend

They're not fussed about star rating as long as it's clean.

I've found a few apartments which look nice at £800 for 8 people, so they may well go that route as it's looking like it will offer the best value for money. I have found a few hotels for around £50pppn but unsure of the locations; looks like it could be a tram ride which isn't ideal.

Thanks for the help.

Reply to: Hotel recs for a stag weekend
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted