We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discount Card Help

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, Arizona
reviews: 59
Discount Card Help

I am researching the various discount card and don't know which is best. There is the "I amsterdam" card, the Holland Card, and the Museum Card. I also do not understand the difference between the gold and silver passes you get with the Holland Card. It says you get one gold and a specific number of silver. But it appears the one gold is no different than one silver. Can anyone explain these cards to me. Which is the best?

5 replies to this topic
Ho Chi Minh City...
reviews: 47
1. Re: Discount Card Help

It depends. What do you plan on visiting while you're in town? If it's museums and churches, and you plan on visiting at least 4 such places, I think the Museumkaart is best.

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 38
2. Re: Discount Card Help

The IAmsterdam card is basically the Holland card with public transport added. Whatever they market themselves as, I certainly wouldn't refer to them as 'discount' cards. They can be value for money but only if you plan to visit four or more of their listed attractions during your stay. Otherwise it is better to just pay as you go.

The Museum card is popular with Dutch culture vultures. As it is valid for a year it is great value for locals. Again, if you are only visiting once, for only a few days it may not be good value.

In the end, only you know what you want to see and only you can do the math to find out if any of the cards is worthwhile.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
3. Re: Discount Card Help

As a general rule the most popular and most expensive attractions/museums need a gold voucher. e.g. the Van Gogh requires a gold as does the Rijksmuseum so if you wanted to visit both you would need to buy a Holland 5 pass.

The silver ones can be used at the lesser museums as listed on the site. The gold ones can also be used for these but then of course you might be short changing yourself. You really need to work out if you will get the benefit from any of these cards depending on which museums you wanted to visit.

Phoenix, Arizona
reviews: 59
4. Re: Discount Card Help

How many Gold Vouchers are included with the Holland 5 and 7 card? As we will be in Amsterdam for a week. So museums, canal ride, no churches, and other attractions.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
5. Re: Discount Card Help

Tells you all of this info on their website.

http://www.hollandpass.com/prices

Remember only the Museumkaart includes the Anne Frank and the iamsterdam does not include the Anne Frank or Rijksmuseum.

Reply to: Discount Card Help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted