We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport and food

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Town Central...
transport and food

Hi, we will arrive in Amsterdam at the Centraal station. Which bus should we take to get to Lindendwarsstraat? At which stop do we get off?

Also, a strange question: I eat raw oats mixed with yoghurt in the mornings, to keep cholestrol numbers in check. I would like to bring (dry) rolled oats in my checked luggage. On previous visits I recall Schiphol airport as very strict - will the oats be a problem? Should I declare it?

On the other hand, if it is available in supermarkets, I could just buy it?

Thanks in advance!

6 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 60
1. Re: transport and food

www.9292.nl/en will help you plan all public transport in Amsterdam and the rest of the country. It will show various options on the left after you did your search. You can even click to see maps of the bits you need to walk.

In case you're flying into Schiphol, enter that as a starting point because you don't always need to go through Central Station.

Sorry I don't know if raw oats is the same as havermout... Which is for sale here.

Cecilia

Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Cape Town Central...
2. Re: transport and food

Thanks! will check the website. Yes havermout and oats are exactly the same - will buy then!

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
3. Re: transport and food

If you are staying at the Eel House, Tweede Lindendwarsstraat 21 in the Jordaan then I suggest you take the train to Centraal Station and then taxi.

You can certainly buy rolled oats here but I doubt there would be an issue bringing them with you.

Edited: 3:11 pm, February 12, 2014
Cape Town Central...
4. Re: transport and food

Thank you, love this forum with so many people ready to help!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 8
5. Re: transport and food

On most of my trips I have brought instant oatmeal in those small packages.

In over 20 trips to the NL I still am not sure what security thought about that because I have never once been stopped by security leaving the airport.

Cape Town Central...
6. Re: transport and food

That's good to hear! Will definitely bring my own then.

Thanks!

Reply to: transport and food
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted