We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to NH Amsterdam Centre Hotel from Schiphol

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Travelling to NH Amsterdam Centre Hotel from Schiphol

Hi, does anyone have any (cheap) recommendations on travelling to NH Amsterdam Centre from the airport?

It will be our first time in Amsterdam so I have no clue! Also Easyjet seem to want 110 pound for a shuttle service which I do not intend on paying lol

Thanks! :) :)

16 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
1. Re: Travelling to NH Amsterdam Centre Hotel from Schiphol

Take teh 197 bus.It stops across the road. Around €4 each.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 8
2. Re: Travelling to NH Amsterdam Centre Hotel from Schiphol

Get out of the bus and walk toward the very easy to see Marriott

When you get in front of the Marriott turn right and walk maybe 2 short blocks.

A 5-6 min walk at most.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
3. Re: Travelling to NH Amsterdam Centre Hotel from Schiphol

John the NH is right next to the Marriott, on the same corner. 150m or so from the bus stop.

Edited: 9:01 am, February 04, 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 8
4. Re: Travelling to NH Amsterdam Centre Hotel from Schiphol

Ron, this is what happens when you get old. :-(

I have stayed weeks at the Nh Amsterdam center, and not all that long ago, but I gave great directions to the Hotel Crystal , just down the street, which I have stayed at a lot more.

Correct-----just across the street from the Marriott

London, UK
5. Re: Travelling to NH Amsterdam Centre Hotel from Schiphol

Since seeing bus 197 recommended here a few years ago, I've not travelled from the airport to the city centre by any other means. It's so easy and convenient.

But, I always recommend to first time visitors that they use the train and tram combo.

That first time walking out of Centraal station is such a thrill. The noise, the crowds, the bicycles and trams flying everywhere.

It's easy catching the tram outside the station to get to Leidseplein and you get your first tantalising glimpse of the city centre as you ride along.

Bus 197 is great but you only really get to see the suburbs and a quick look at Museumplein.

Glasgow, United...
6. Re: Travelling to NH Amsterdam Centre Hotel from Schiphol

Thanks everyone, That helps a lot :)!!

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 53
7. Re: Travelling to NH Amsterdam Centre Hotel from Schiphol

And for any other public transport planning, www.9292.nl/en (and the smartphone app 9292) is very useful. You can also click to see maps of the bits you need to walk.

But you will also find that Amsterdam's center is very walkable so you may not need trams or buses much.

Have fun!

Cecilia

Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

New York City, New...
reviews: 7
8. Re: Travelling to NH Amsterdam Centre Hotel from Schiphol

is simple and easy train to centraal then either the 1,2, 0r 5 tram ,, to the leidseplein stop, (about 10min then about a 3 min walk to the hotl,,) As you walk out of centraal station the trams are out front,, you can either by a 1 hr or 24hr pass on the tram or go to the GVB office jsut out side centraal station ,, there are plenty of peopel outside you can ask,,

peace matty

www.flickr.com/photos/amsmatty

Edited: 8:23 am, February 14, 2014
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
9. Re: Travelling to NH Amsterdam Centre Hotel from Schiphol

You can also take the train to Amsterdam Lelylaan and tram 1 which actually stops right outside the hotel.

Chicago
reviews: 13
10. Re: Travelling to NH Amsterdam Centre Hotel from Schiphol

Silverjet,

I so agree with you. When we lived in Amsterdam for that wonderful year whenever we had guests arrive we took the train to Centraal Station and took a picture in front of the station. It provides loads of initial excitement. We lived on Kalverstraat and would walk from the station. That was even more exciting. Miss it so much. Returning for a month this summer.

Reply to: Travelling to NH Amsterdam Centre Hotel from Schiphol
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted