We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttles

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Monroe, Louisiana
reviews: 123
Shuttles

I know about taxi prices ( very expensive) as well as the train to Central Station (much less) But are there also shuttles that will deliver you to different hotels? (Marriott Renanssiance) The hotel does not have on.

6 replies to this topic
Ho Chi Minh City...
reviews: 53
1. Re: Shuttles

There is a company that does just that. They're called Connexxion. They charge about 16 or 17 euro per person one-way, or 27 euro round trip. I used them once and they worked out very well for me. Others have complained that their pickup service at the hotels is spotty and some have even been stranded. But they're always at the airport ready to take customers to their hotels. I think they stop running the service around 9 pm each night.

http://www.schipholhotelshuttle.nl/

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 43
2. Re: Shuttles

We also used Connexxion - at least for travelling from the airport to our hotel. (We left by train at the end of our stay.) The Tourist Information office beside the Airport Information booths on the arrivals level sells tickets and gives directions as to where to catch the shuttle.

Monroe, Louisiana
reviews: 123
3. Re: Shuttles

Thanks to both of you. Thats just what I wanted to know.

jl

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 8
4. Re: Shuttles

I have used connextion a lot of times. Over 10 r/t for sure.

Never had a problem.

But I stay on top of my return to the airport. I have the hotel call to confirm the return the day before and then the morning of.

They have always picked me up within 5-10 mins of when they said they would.

As with all things in life YMMV.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
5. Re: Shuttles

You can take a train to Centraal Station and walk to the Renaissance in about 5 minutes. Its only 400m from the exit of the station. €3.80 for the train.

The Connexxion shuttle only leaves every 30 minutes and you will probably be the last to be dropped off so the train will be much quicker IMO

Edited: 9:21 am, January 19, 2014
liverpool, england
reviews: 151
6. Re: Shuttles

As Ron says, the Renaissance is very conveniently situated for the station and apart from being cheaper, it is faster too; however, i you have not been to Amsterdam and are concerned at all maybe just book the shuttle one way, and when you are there and have seen the station, and know your way a little, I am sure you would feel confident to return via the train.

As for conexxions - I too have used them on a few occassions and never had any problems, but had always rang to confirm return transfer, however on last few trips, we have used suppershuttle.nl (although booked via travel republic .co. uk . as it is cheaper) they are only a little cheaper than the airport shuttle, but it is a private transfer with meet and greet style, so faster and direct, and you dont have to wait for shuttle to fill.

Whatever you decide - have a good trip.

Reply to: Shuttles
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted