We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car service from Schiphol Aiport

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
reviews: 1
Car service from Schiphol Aiport

Hi. Can anyone recommend a good car service (transfer) company from Schiphol Aiport? We are flying in from US on December 29. A number of different companies come up in Google search but none have any reviews. After hearing some bad stories about Amsterdam cabs, I just want to know if there is a good reliable company that can pick you up from airport and won't take advantage of the customer. Thank you in advance!

8 replies to this topic
Winter Haven...
1. Re: Car service from Schiphol Aiport

<After hearing some bad stories about Amsterdam cabs>

???????????????????????????

Alta, Norway
reviews: 4
2. Re: Car service from Schiphol Aiport

Taking a taxi from Schipol, to the city centre, is safe! The drivers are polite, helpful and trustworthy.

Edited: 6:24 pm, December 20, 2013
Chicago
reviews: 13
3. Re: Car service from Schiphol Aiport

Take the train. It is so easy and cheap. Everybody does it. They leave every 15 minutes for Centraal Station.

S

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 61
4. Re: Car service from Schiphol Aiport

We always take a cab from Schiphol to our home in Amsterdam - being doing it for +15 years and have NEVER had a problem. Cost you about 40€.

Enjoy our beautiful city - MMK

Philadelphia...
reviews: 35
5. Re: Car service from Schiphol Aiport

Forget the train! When your just off an overnight flight and dragging all your luggage with you, a taxi from Schipol is the way to go. People like to suggest the train from Schipol because they are cheap, but taxi right to the door f your destination is much more appropriate for weary traveler!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 72
6. Re: Car service from Schiphol Aiport

The official taxi's at the airport are highly regulated and very safe. You can just get into whichever one you want on the rank.

Conexxion also operate taxi's from the rank and their drivers are salaried so don't get paid on the distance you travel. I also can personally recommend Taxi-E but you have to call them in advance as they are not allowed to pick up from the rank.

Houston, Texas
7. Re: Car service from Schiphol Aiport

Thank you everyone for your responses!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 17
8. Re: Car service from Schiphol Aiport

Or if you are staying near the Leidseplein, Vondelpark, or Museumplein bus 197 could be an option. I tend to travel alone so I almost always opt for public transit.

Reply to: Car service from Schiphol Aiport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted